San Diego's Iconic Hotel del Coronado announces new sea-to-table dining experience offering elevated coastal cuisine with a Mediterranean flair.
Following in the iconic footsteps of 1500 Ocean, which enjoyed a successful thirteen-year run at the Hotel del Coronado, the Del is excited to announce it will open a new restaurant concept in the same seaside location at the hotel. The new restaurant, called Serẽa, will offer an upscale, sustainable, sea-to-table experience with coastal cuisine that spotlights the best of the region's ocean, as well as farms and fields from California to the Baja Peninsula.
Serẽa, created by Clique Hospitality will offer a robust, environmentally friendly menu that includes raw and cooked options—from fresh whole catch, to seafood towers and composed dishes. The menu at Serẽa will showcase the comprehensive, complex and expressive flavor profiles of the best fresh fish, intricate seafood and heritage meats the region has to offer, prepared by San Diego native and Clique Hospitality Executive Chef and Partner, JoJo Ruiz.
What will I be doing?
As a Cook, you would be responsible for participating in the preparation of food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
· Maintain cleanliness and food sanitation
· Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
· Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
· Stock and maintain par levels for designated food station(s)
· Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
· Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
· Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
· Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items, as needed
· Must have San Diego County Food Handlers Card
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
· Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!