Healthcare Clinical Care Solutions
Job Overview: GE Software is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on a number of exciting projects that will have a very positive impact on GE’s business.
We are seeking candidates to join the Acute Care Data Science team, to work as part of an elite team of Machine Learning and Data Science experts. As a Data Engineer, you will design, build, and integrate data from various sources, Electronic Medical Records, real-time monitors, and more. You will manage big data infrastructure that powers real-time analytical operations, integrated analytics solutions and ad hoc data analyses.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Data Science • 3+ years’ experience in software development • Experience in Python and Java • Command line / Linux shell • Experience with SQL • Advantage in experience with the following: o Docker and Cloud ETL tools (e.g. AWS data pipeline and S3) o no-SQL databases, o Chatbots and NLP o Background in medicine o Agile development • A team player. Collaborative and communicative. Able to adapt to change.
Desired Characteristics: - Please limit the desired characteristics to 12 points total (4 in each section as mentioned below)
• Experience developing web applications (Spring, RESTful, Jersey, RestEasy,JAX-WS, Web Services)
• Experience with database tools (JPA, Hibernate,JDBC, Spring Data)
• Experience with rules engines (Camel, Drools, JRules) & modern tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN)
• Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.