IoT solutions architect (m/f)
Transportation Digital Solutions
Leads, consults or oversees multiple architectural engagements. Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge within a domain: technical, solutions, business or information. Leads domain solution architecture across Transport Intelligence onboard, offboard and business applications.
• Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction across multiple teams or complex product line for Transport Intelligence product portfolio.
• Analyze, design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Review and/or analyze and develop architectural at domain level and across multiple teams.
• Contribute to the development of software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components across teams (multiple teams) that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
• Lead the research and evaluation of third party technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities to for multiple teams or complex scenarios.
• Provide leadership, technology guidance and mentors others throughout the domain and with strategic partners.
• Assess customer environments for technical on-board and cloud based deployment options, product operating landscape, and integration methods based on product capability or incremental feature needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
• Strong technical experience with software implementation and/or architectural design
• Fluent in German and English languages (writing, reading, speaking, listening)
• Willing and able to travel
• Must have legal authorization to work in Germany
• Strong experience in designing or deploying applications at scale using highly available architecture patterns on public cloud providers like as Amazon, Azure or Google Cloud.
• Very strong experience with embedded platforms (ARM, Intel, others) , cross compilers or remote field managed equipment with C++ programming experience.
• Confident in change management and ITIL procedures
• Able to speak both German and English
• Reviews and/or analyzes and develops architectural requirements at domain level, aligning architectural requirements with software development strategy.
• Leads teams in developing plans and assessing improvement options.
• Experience with Predix Machine, Predix APM and other enterprise/industrial IoT solutions with enabling technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, and MQTT.
• Design patterns which enable compute at the edge and fog computing
• General knowledge on physical network infrastructure such as IP based networks, subnetting, VLANs, routing and VPN technologies and solid understanding of internet security like HTTPS and PKI security principles
• Large scale distributed platform experience with SOA, Microservices, Docker, and/or Kubernetes
• Data architecture of scalable analytic and visualization platforms like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Python, R, SPUNK, streaming analytics and SAS analytic tools
• Programming experience with at least 2 additional languages such as Node JS, Java, GO and applied object oriented concepts
• Modern data storage engines for timeseries and relational data in distributed environments like Cassandra and Postgres
• In depth experience with the Linux operating system its management/configuration as well as general experience in leveraging open source software (building, installing, maintaining)
• Create, analyze and manage projects that provide direct business benefit; demonstrate detailed knowledge of business operations and strategic direction
• Evangelizes new technology, predicts trends, and identifies new opportunities based on trends
• Identifies the customer’s business and strategic needs, concerns, and desires for the value delivery capabilities of the products
• Experience in the transportation and/or rail sector
• Recommends allocation of budget to meet architectural initiatives critical to business/mission success. Develops the business case for approval.
• Provides leadership, technology guidance and mentors others throughout their domain.
• Facilitates dialogues that produce new perspectives and trigger recommendations for substantial innovative / enhancements, and analysis of consequences.
• Influences through others. Uses experts or other third parties to influence. Builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas, uses chains of indirect influence.
• Takes a holistic systems perspective. Envisions, compares and contrasts multiple potential long-range enterprise-wide futures. Empathizes with multiple points of view.
• Excellent communication skills, able to translate complicated design patterns into easily understood ROI based benefits/outcomes or customer solutions
• In addition to German and English, able to speak Polish and/or French
• Desire to lead by example and be hands on with technology
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
AtGE Transportation , we move the world. We are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.