Description de l'offre
The Staff Engineer is a recognized technical expert responsible to: provide technical leadership, supply consultancy and review capability in in the field of turbine aero-dynamics; lead new products introduction and technology work-packages at engine sub-system level; manage resources and assure compliance with design execution quality requirements from the Chief Engineer Office.
· Lead turbine aerodynamic design activities and represent aero team in coordination with other functions for integration of the design at system level.
· Manage resources assigned to the project, prioritize activities to deliver program objectives on time, while meeting cost and quality requirements.
· Advance the state of the art of turbine aerodynamic technology and lead European/national funded programs.
· Participate in and lead technical reviews, support turbine aero design best practices and global Technical Community initiatives.
· Participate in problem solving initiatives and be proactive in identifying improvements in digital processes and tools
· Master’s degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent degree)
· additional major experience of industrial experience in the field of turbomachinery aerodynamics with solid background on aero engines design
· Proven track record in delivering on complex programs and providing technical leadership across disciplines (aero, thermal and mechanical); proven ability to lead cross-functional global team in multi-cultural environments
· Strong experience in turbine aero design (cooled high-pressure turbine, low-pressure turbine) including concept, preliminary and detailed phases, with proven ability to lead design reviews
· Detailed understanding of the physics and principles associated with turbine aerodynamic design, ranging from overall module concept design to detailed blade aerodynamics
· Proven experience in integrating turbine designs in the context of the overall propulsion system, with sound understanding of engine level integration
· Demonstrated ability to advance the state of the art with technologies and design features leading to improved component performance with proven ability to create and execute strategic vision for product advancement
· Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to communicate at a variety of levels, from detailed design reviews to high-level leadership reviews
· Fluency in English
· PhD in turbomachinery aerodynamic.
· Hands-on experience in the field of computational fluid dynamics and design optimization with detailed knowledge of numerical tools development, validation and application.
· Experience in scale and full-scale testing: test planning, design and selection of instrumentation, test execution, data analysis and application of learnings to future/improved designs.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships. Passion for technical excellence and technology advancement. Able to self-manage work-load across several activities. Self–directed and motivated.
· Basic understanding of German
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. The Advanced Aviation Technology Center of Excellence is located at the GE Global Research – Europe Technology Center. Our scientists and technologists come from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds, including chemistry, physics, mathematics, engineering, sciences and materials research. Located in the heart of southern Germany, AA T CoE sits on the Garching campus of the Technical University of Munich. This creates a unique blend for our scientists to be in a university setting, while performing research in a world-class industrial lab that is dedicated to bringing new technologies to market. The facility also operates closely with GE aviation across the globe, ensuring effective transition of breakthrough innovations from the lab into advanced products and services. Within the R&D community, the center maintains close partnerships with numerous universities, research institutions and technology companies in Germany and abroad.