Staff Engineer – Compressor Aero Dynamics (m/f)
The Staff Engineer is a recognized technical expert responsible to: provide technical leadership, supply consultancy and review capability in in the field of compressor aero-dynamics; lead new products introduction and technology work-packages at engine sub-system level; manage resources and assure compliance with design execution quality requirements from the Chief Engineer Office.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Lead compressor aerodynamic design activities for new products introduction and technology maturation programs, represent aero team in coordination with other functions for integration of the design at system level.
· Manage resources assigned to the project, prioritize activities to deliver program objectives on time, while meeting cost and quality requirements.
· Advance the state of the art of compressor aerodynamic technology and lead European/national funded programs.
· Participate in and lead technical reviews, support compressor aero design best practices and global Technical Community initiatives.
· Participate in problem solving initiatives and be proactive in identifying improvements in digital processes and tools.
· Master’s degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent degree)
· additional major experience of industrial in the field of turbomachinery aerodynamics with solid background on aero engines design
· Proven track record in delivering on complex programs and ability to lead cross-functional global team in multi-cultural environments
· Detailed understanding of the physics and principles associated with compressor aerodynamic design, ranging from overall component characterization to detailed understanding of stage and blade aerodynamic physics
· Expertise with computational fluid dynamics modeling as well as empirical based aerodynamic modeling techniques
· Experience in scale and full-scale testing: test planning, design and selection of instrumentation, test execution, data analysis and application of learnings to future/improved designs
· Experience integrating compressor designs in the context of the overall propulsion system with sound understanding of how compressor component design choices and characteristics impact the larger engine design
· Demonstrated ability to advance the technology state of the art and ability to create and execute strategic vision for product advancement
· Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to communicate at a variety of levels, from detailed design reviews to high-level leadership reviews
· Fluency in English
· PhD in turbomachinery aerodynamic
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships
· Passion for technical excellence and technology advancement
· Able to self-manage work-load across several activities
· Self–directed and motivated
· basic German language skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. The Advanced Aviation Technology Center of Excellence is located at the GE Global Research – Europe Technology Center. Our scientists and technologists come from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds, including chemistry, physics, mathematics, engineering, sciences and materials research. Located in the heart of southern Germany, AA T CoE sits on the Garching campus of the Technical University of Munich. This creates a unique blend for our scientists to be in a university setting, while performing research in a world-class industrial lab that is dedicated to bringing new technologies to market. The facility also operates closely with GE aviation across the globe, ensuring effective transition of breakthrough innovations from the lab into advanced products and services. Within the R&D community, the center maintains close partnerships with numerous universities, research institutions and technology companies in Germany and abroad.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.