Transportation Digital Solutions
Provide technical expertise and management to customer with regards to predictive analytics and condition based maintenance (CBM) solution implementation. Over and above the day to day responsibilities, the Data Analyst (Maintenance Predictive) shall support Railroad with identification of CBM projects, analysis, as well as provide direction on maintenance and advisory execution.
• Meet contractual obligations under the Asset Performance Management contract with the customer to support and execute Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) initiatives.
• Develop and implement CBM maintenance strategy based on data and analytics to achieve customer cost saving targets.
• Establish baseline maintenance key performance indicators with customer: maintenance cost, annual spend, failure rate, change out rate, etc. to provide before / after impact assessment of CBM initiatives
• Co-ordinate with Data Scientists, Services Experts and other Reliability Engineers across both the customer and internal teams to identify, implement and measure CBM based analytics; Provide locomotive and/or mechanical expertise to support identification of component based projects
• Continuous development, improvement of analytics as part of a comprehensive analytics strategy utilizing a CBM philosophy, while achieving maximum locomotive availability
• Ensure the performance measurement and tracking of CBM analytics once implemented to measure impact and savings to customer through establishment of operating rhythms and leadership reporting.
• Conduct the training and education of GE analytics and products being used for execution of CBM per the customer contract.
• Provide feedback to GE teams for continuous updates to predictive analytics for advisory notifications, work scopes, engineering practices, component quality and functionality, design changes and depot processes.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Data Science or equivalent
• Strong Transportation, Rail or Locomotive depot experience
• Strong Data Science, Mechanical, Electrical and/or Industrial Engineering work experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Must be fluent speaking in German
• Ability to communicate both verbal and written in English
• Willingness to travel to up to 25% of your time both inside/outside to support travel to other customer maintenance depots / shops
• Must have legal authorization to work in Germany
• Experience working on rail, passenger and/or freight Diesel and Electric locomotives
• Ability to manage a project team of data scientists to thoroughly analyze data and present findings and recommendations in a way that is easy and simple for key stakeholders to make decisions; links analysis to overall business objectives and strategies
• Can instruct others on processes and procedures. Advises the customer on most favorable outcome, anticipates potential issues to proactively circumvent issues. Adapts to exceptions and develops new procedures and workarounds for others to use. Resolves issues pertaining to scope, schedule and budget, or drive change management. Defines quality requirements.
• Has demonstrable expertise and understanding of locomotive and/or mechanical systems. Acts as a resource for others in solution design. Knows best practices which result in higher adoption of solutions based on product capabilities. Ability to communicate product capabilities internally and in customer facing situations.
• Acts as advisor to others in the area of customer satisfaction; focuses on tangible and intangible benefits to ensure customer awareness and satisfaction.
• Acts as communicator and facilitator between the various involved parties.
• Uses available client data to proactively identify possible needs before they are expressed by client; Can use advanced data analysis techniques to synthesize and act on information.
• Pioneers how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective. Knowledge of processes & tools critical to domain operations (e.g., regulations, standards, principles, etc.). Has practical hands on experience as well as academic knowledge on the subject.
• Demonstrated ability to define requirements and collaborate on solutions, leveraging personal technical knowledge and network of experts. Communication style encourages effective interaction with customer and cross-functional teams. Leverages knowledge of product capability to mitigate risk and drive desired outcome.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. AtGE Transportation , we move the world. We
are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling
industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using
our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a
century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives.
That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of
transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that
keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago,
Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide.