GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
Primarily responsible for leading project scheduling activities using Primavera P6 for the Software Solutions (SWS) business in Asia Pacific. This will involve creating and maintaining project schedules of varying complexities and providing training and support to the regional users of P6. There will be scope to assist with broader PMO activities covering project portfolio management and control, project financials, and execution excellence initiatives.
· Create and manage schedules using the SWS Operating Guidelines for P6.
· Provide project managers with visibility of activities to be performed in the next 2 months and identify risks and opportunities in schedules, so that project managers can make appropriate decisions to drive on-time/on-budget execution.
· Ensure P6 data coverage and data quality are complete.
· Train and support the users of P6, both project managers and resource managers, to raise scheduling competencies within the region and ensure SWS Operating Guidelines for P6 are adhered to.
· Assist resource managers with the setup and maintenance of their billable teams’ workload in P6.
· Ensure scheduling decisions support the integrated dashboards, scheduling, time recording, and ERP environment of SWS.
· Collaborate with SWS Global scheduling team to resolve issues and prepare for technical and process changes.
· Collaborate with Project Control Analysts as required on creating, maintaining, and closing projects in P6 to ensure alignment with the time recording system.
· Provide reports to PMO Leader covering overall scheduling status and highlighting any system, data quality, project, or process issues.
· Identify and communicate potential project issues relating to financial performance from P6 data, such as customer billing and cost profiles.
· Support other PMO activities relating to the APAC projects’ portfolio as agreed with the PMO Leader.
· Bachelor / Masters Degree or equivalent (Engineering / Maths / Science degree is preferred).
· Equivalent of at least 5 years of experience in project planning and portfolio management.
· Expertise in use of the Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project planning tools.
· Experience with large-scale software projects within the energy/utilities sector.
· Fluent English.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to prioritize effectively and to make decisions with appropriate urgency.
· Ability to maintain a standardized operating rhythm.
· Ability to coach team members.
· Ability to work on projects in an international environment.
· Prior experience in projects controls.
· Ability to work within a matrix environment.
· Ability to pick up new skills efficiently and effectively.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Solid interpersonal and collaborative skills.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel.
· Familiarity with Business Objects, Tableau, Smartsheet, other data visualization tools.
· Experience with financial reporting of portfolios and projects.
· Familiarity with project financial systems.
· Familiarity with Dev Ops or Agile delivery methodology.
· Knowledge of other functional areas within the organisation.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com