Description de l'offre
Numerical analyses and experimental tests are being carried out in order to design & validate functional and hardware systems that protect aircraft engines from inclement weather threats like icing, rain and hail, in the context of turbofan and turboprop engine design. The student work will focus on numerical analyses including aerodynamics, particle tracking, heat transfer and multi-phase CFD.
· The work is going to cover complex multi-disciplinary problems where the student is asked to pro-actively propose various discretization solutions to capture the key parameters and the relevant outcome balancing time and accuracy
· It will involve the setup of complex numerical models, results post-processing the results, as well as interpretation of multi-phase CFD data for the definition of thermal boundary conditions
· Your specific responsibilities will include:
· Setup of numerical models
· Interpretation of numerical results
· Creation of best practice guidelines
This position can be also realized as a working student position (part-time).
Start date: as soon as possible
· Bachelor in Aeronautical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with related focus
· Technical knowledge of aerodynamics, turbo machinery and heat transfer
· Team-work & commitment in a complex multi-site network structure
· Excellent communications skills
· Can-do attitude, open and creative
· Fluency in English, German is a plus
In case of questions please reach out to Anna Lena Mehnert, recruiter for this role, phone 069/450909130.
· Experience in design and development of test rigs
· Initiative to gain technical depth in engine simulation and modeling methods
GE Aviation Munich is a R&D center of excellence and is in the heart of southern Germany, on the Garching campus of the Technical University of Munich. This creates a unique blend for our engineers to be in a university setting, while performing research and development in a world-class industrial environment that is dedicated to bringing innovative technologies to market. Within the R&D community, the center maintains close partnerships with numerous universities, research institutions and technology companies in Germany and abroad.