An experienced Mechanical Engineer works with cross-functional teams to design, develop, manufacture and service complex state-of-the-art healthcare systems Activities include detailed mechanical, structural, thermodynamic design of sub-systems and components.
• Duties include (but are not limited to):
Develop designs for new or existing products that can be produced economically and according to established project timelines
• Engaging in all phases of new product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
• Prepare using 2D and 3D CAD software mechanical drawings, thermodynamic analysis, detailed drawings and assembly models complete with calculated dimensions and tolerances.
Works independently and possesses a level of functional expertise necessary to influence and execute technical and project delivery execution
• Work from product specifications and requirements to develop component and assembly geometry, specify materials, and establish acceptable performance standards. Performs complex calculations, analyses, and testing to verify assumptions.
• Direct the construction and testing of prototype and pilot products, and conduct analysis of the test results.
• Interface directly with manufacturing employees to clarify questions on drawings and designs. Assist Manufacturing in troubleshooting production issues on standard and special products.
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Experience of 3-5 years as a design engineer in the areas of linear and rotational controlled motion systems, large sculpted surfaces polymeric external covers, packaging, mechanisms, manufacturing methods, cables & harnesses, labeling, and packaging.
• Complete knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards related to structural analysis, finite element analysis, and structural verification testing.
• Experience in working with cross-functional teams in multi-diciplinary environment.
• Experience in working, guiding and controlling mechanical design sub-contractors. Work package definition and processes to closure.
• Familiarity with the NPI cycles from spec to product release.
• Demonstrated expertise in specified area of interest with the ability to develop engineering specifications for major sub-systems/sub-assemblies, written reports on technologies, and other product design recommendations
• Fluent English for discussions, presentations, T-Cons etc.
1. Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering and 8 years relevant work experience
2. Demonstrated technical leadership capability in integration activities
3. Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
4. Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
5. Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
6. DFSS or Green Belt/Black Belt Certification
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.