Description de l'offre
The Lead Mechanical Engineer is a key technical leadership role within the mechanical engineering discipline. The Lead engineer is typically a sub-system, functional or product(s) lead designer. Lead engineer provide expert guidance and support to the development organization in various technical/functional aspects of research, development and engineering.
• Leading design visualization efforts with 3D CAD models and essential component and assembly details to explore multiple design options.
• Developing innovative designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability.
• Leading quality-engineering projects that provide imaginative solutions to engineering and customer issues.
• Managing design evolution across multi-generation product releases
• Providing guidance and requirements to new product development teams in order to improve quality of new releases.
• Developing subsystem roadmaps applying in-depth knowledge of product related technologies, technology platforms and engineering design principles and advancements.
• Leading the subsystems technical teams through the entire design cycle including requirements generation, design and implementation, verification & validation as the lead technical mentor
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5 years progressive experience as an engineer or scientist within the mechanical engineering field of study or with technical leadership within an engineering discipline.
• 3 years relative engineering experience including structural (Static & Dynamics) and thermal analysis.
• 5 years relative work experience in the areas of Injected molded plastic design, molded foam design, mechanisms, cables & harnesses, labeling, and packaging.
• Demonstrated experience on product releases throughout the entire NPI cycle
• Practical experience in engineering product development processes on cross-functional programs with a focus on related engineering discipline
• Master degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• 5 years relative engineering experience and capabilities in thermal and mechanical simulation
• Demonstrated expertise in specified area of interest with the ability to develop engineering specifications for major sub-systems/sub-assemblies, written reports on technologies, and other product design recommendations
• Demonstrated experience on global product releases throughout the entire new product development cycle.
• Experience in verifying product sub-system reliability performance by conducting analysis of existing and new product reliability using FMEA, Weibull Analysis and DFR tools.
• In-depth working knowledge of patient/customer product-related clinical applications and scientific/engineering methods/theory with an affinity for technology and clinical solutions
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.