Power Power Services
The primary responsibility of this role is to perform field event investigations on GE Power’s Aero fleet. This includes data and hardware capture, metallurgical failure analysis coordination, root cause analysis, and report writing.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
· Fully investigate and document field events (forced outages, unplanned engine removals, etc)
· Lead a cross functional team to investigate Engine, Package, BOP field events
· Identify, request and analyze site control system data required for the investigation (maintenance history, operation data, etc)
· Develop investigative teardown work scopes for engines being inducted into the Houston Service Center
· Provide hardware analysis work scopes to investigative laboratories.
· Provide investigation status updates to customers and GE customer facing team members.
· Author Root Cause analysis reports for customers and GE customer facing team members.
· Meet with customers and GE commercial team members to discuss findings and recommendations.
· Perform operations-based maintenance analysis and deliver maintenance recommendations to key customers with unique operating profiles
· Work with product line team in identifying fleet issues and field fix programs
· On as needed-basis, support the broader product service engineering team with field issue resolution.
· On as needed-basis, support the Power fleet on service center repair work scopes for continued-time engines.
· Coordinate with the quality organization, service centers, and FieldCore on quality issues, including implementing corrections and containments (CAPA).
· Less than 10% travel expected.
· Bachelor's Degree or above in a technical discipline.
· Minimum of 3 years of gas turbine technology experience.
· Demonstrated ability to represent GE in technical and commercial customer communications.
· Demonstrated ability to interact successfully in a matrixed organization.
· Training in Apollo, TOPS8D, or other RCA methodologies
· Excellent English technical report writing skills
· Understanding of configurations and operating profiles of GE Aero customers
· Understanding of impact/influence of GT hardware & hardware condition/dimensions on engine performance
· Strong understanding of common failure modes in gas turbines
· Familiarity with both engine and package hardware, manuals, and bulletins
· Demonstrated team player
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent formal technical writing skills for customer reports
· Strong computer skills
· Commercial sensitivity with a focus on customer needs
· Gas Turbine technology experience
· Metallurgical laboratory experience
· Green Belt or Black Belt certified (GE Employees Only)
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.