Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
The Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) is a comprehensive program for those who have a passion for technology, technical excellence, and share in GE’s values. It will accelerate the participants’ professional development through intense technical training and business-critical assignments. Graduates will gain technical and business skills to actively and continually contribute to GE’s future. If you love technology and desire an engineering career, then EEDP is for you!
The program is rotational nature of the Program, the Edison Engineering Development Program can be three to four assignments in related areas.
· The rotation assignments are intended to develop your engineering skills while working in product development teams. These rotations lead to a deepened understanding of engineering at GE and will lead to exciting roles when moving off program.
· As a member of the program you also receive continuous education through in-house coursework, GE lead training's, and University advanced studies leading to a Masters degree in a related engineering field.
In addition, as part of the Edison Engineering Development Program - EEDP, you will:
· Plan and perform assigned tasks within the framework of areas’ schedules, budget, quality and cost constraints while maintaining accuracy and thoroughness
· Demonstrate ability to understand and apply engineering fundamentals in the business environment
· Demonstrate analytical / problem solving through number orientation
· Collaborate with manager in setting realistic and challenging operation goals
· Contribute to their accomplishment
· Propose new analyses, techniques and methodologies with respect to specific area of responsibility where applicable
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical, or Computer Engineering from an accredited University or College
Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
· Willingness and ability to relocate within the US for assignments
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
· Basic understanding of engineering and/or manufacturing fundamentals
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· High self-confidence
· Ability to motivate others
· Demonstrated scholastic achievements
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.Learn More
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).