Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Corporate Finance Senior Executive, you’ll help make that happen. You'll be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions.
The Infrastructure team, a key part of EY’s Corporate Finance team, has solidified its position as one of the leading Infrastructure advisors in the UK, regularly closing high profile M&A / outsourcing / financing transactions, for Government (e.g. Ministry of Defence, Department of Transport, Local Authorities) and significant private sector clients. Our work is focused primarily in the UK, but also includes work in continental Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Key services include:
· Advising the public or private sector on large transactions, usually projects that include infrastructure or significant service outsourcings including financial modelling, commercial and financial structuring, fund raising, bid support and evaluation, contract drafting (e.g. bespoke incentivisation regimes), negotiations and senior stakeholder management
· Advising clients (public or private) around key changes to an existing contractual arrangement – a large variation in scope, a refinancing, a termination, etc, or performing reviews of existing contractual arrangements or structures to advise on improvements, VFM, efficiencies, etc
· Supporting the business cases, strategy, cost baselining, etc for Government clients looking to embark on transformation / outsourcing programmes including the modelling of potential costs, risks, dependencies, outcomes
· Primary and secondary financing for infrastructure projects, including strategy, fundraising, acquisitions and disposals of assets;
This is a rare opportunity for a candidate to join a market leading, growing team. Within the team you’ll have the opportunity to take on client management responsibilities and have the potential to gain excellent career progression. Team members will also have the opportunity to work across the wider Infrastructure team’s projects, covering various sectors including renewable energy, power / utilities, defence, education, health, and transport, both nationally and internationally.
We have key clients (e.g. Local Authorities where we advise on regenerations, energy, financing, efficiencies, business reviews; the NHS where we advise on new capital spending (e.g. new hospital facilities), mergers, contract reviews and the private sector where we advise them as they bid for large infra / service outsourcing projects and / or on energy projects (particularly renewable energy) which is a particular focus and area of specialism for the Corporate Finance Infrastructure Team nationally.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Senior Executive, you would be responsible for a range of tasks as different projects require. This may include supporting the sale of an energy project; drafting marketing materials and contacting investors as well as preparing and using complex financial models. Work may also include advising on procurement exercises, including the evaluation of bids and reporting back to clients. Across all projects you will interact with clients, developing your own client relationships along the way.
Skills and Attributes for success
· Commercial Acumen – Ability to apply corporate finance, commercial analysis, financial accounting and report writing skills in your work, incorporating technical knowledge and providing commercial insight;
· Technical Skills – Preparing/using complex financial models, including undertaking sensitivity/scenario analysis; developing and analysing financial, technical and related data, including liaising with other technical, market and legal advisors;
· Reporting - Support in the drafting & preparation of transaction materials including teasers, business cases, management presentations, evaluation reports and other supporting documentation / analysis;
· Consulting Skills – Undertaking market research, the evaluation and commercial negotiation of bids to support governments or corporations in developing programmes and strategies;
· Presentations and proposals – Support in the preparation of presentations and pitch/proposal documents, and be able to support in presenting confidently and articulately, alongside supporting general business development activities;
· Team management – ability to manage small teams across multiple projects, motivating them to deliver exceptional client service across our client base
To qualify for the role you must have
· Educated to degree level and an advanced professional financial qualification (e.g. ACA, CFA, CA.) preferred, but not mandatory
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills, preferably also with financial modelling skills.
· Very strong Excel, PowerPoint & Word skills
· Ability to work under pressure, across multiple projects and working to tight deadlines;
Ideally you'll also have
· Previous experience of working in the infrastructure / public sector is desirable;
· Good interpersonal skills, comfortable in building relationships with clients, advisers and colleagues
· High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed;
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, consultative in nature with a passion for Corporate Finance and have a very strong passion within the sector. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly across a range of projects and requiring varied skills sets.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.