Reporting to the Blockchain Solution Architect for the European Blockchain team, the responsibility of this position is to turn requirements for Blockchain-based products into architected solutions to enable high-value offerings in one or more EY Service Lines. This will require leading/managing a technical team in London, Paris, Rome, or Munich, as well as offshore development resources, in execution of a Blockchain-based product.
Your key responsibilities
In this role, you will be the technical representative for our Blockchain product and services and we expect you to architect enterprise Blockchain solutions for large organizations.
We are looking for someone very confident in discussing with our clients about their key business issues and the benefits of Blockchain technology but also diving into code with developers.
Your responsibilities will cover the two following topics:
· As a Solution Architect you will be the Blockchain technical lead & architect during the sales process in conjunction with a sales lead, and during the project you will be in charge of the architecture design, lead of the development team and handover of the solution.You will be responsible of gathering the client requirements, explaining foreseen technical solutions in the proposal and estimated associated costs & planning.
· You will also be responsible of crafting core Blockchain components that will be part of our current and future Blockchain solutions.This requires you to keep updated on latest Blockchain technology developments and collaborate with our worldwide Blockchain team to propose technical solutions to foster our Blockchain ecosystem.
For these topics you’ll also be producing management reports that aid in release forecasting, addressing skill-set gaps, improving the engineering practices thus ensuring complete transparency in the feature team operations.
In summary we are looking for someone able to understand the business & functional requirements, propose a high-level solution architecture, commit on an associated planning & costs and then dive into the implementation details of smart-contract, backend & frontend with our developers.
Skills and attributes for success
· Having a deep understanding of the Blockchain ecosystem and hands-on experience of Blockchain development is a significant plus and even more for Ethereum ecosystem.
· Experience in cryptography, datascience or IoT are also appreciated.
· Experience seeing the entire lifecycle of software products is crucial.
To qualify for the role you must have
· Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, or equivalent experience
· Hands-on, technical, problem solver
· Strong experience working with engineering and product development teams
· Proficiency in English (any other language skills would be considered an advantage)
What we look for
Blockchain technology is a complex emerging capability that is far from mature. Above and beyond any of the “essential” skills for this job, you must have a love of learning and experimentation with new technologies to see how they can improve business activities and a passion for learning by doing and leading by example.
What working at EY Offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, désormais nommé EY, est l'un des premiers cabinets d'audit au monde. Il est spécialisé en audit financier et conseil comptable, en droit et fiscalité, en conseil (en management, en stratégie, marketing et innovation, en technologie), et en transactions. EY, dont les origines remontent aux années 1890, est aujourd'hui présent dans le monde entier avec près de 175 000 collaborateurs. Ces derniers sont spécialisés dans 26 domaines d'activité, de l'automobile aux télécommunications en passant par la grande distribution, la banque ou encore l'assurance.
Régulièrement présent sur les forums des universités, écoles de commerce et écoles d'ingénieurs, EY propose tous les ans environ 500 offres de stages, et embauche également de jeunes diplômés pour ses 737 bureaux dans le monde (dont 14 en France) pour des postes d'auditeur financier, consultant (SI, stratégie, transactions, conseil financier) ou encore avocat débutant.