Tractebel seeks for its Nuclear Entity a (m/f) :
Junior Nuclear Engineers
The working environment
ENGIE develops its businesses (power, natural gas, energy services) around a model based on responsible growth to take on the major challenges of energy’s transition to a low-carbon economy: access to sustainable energy, climate-change mitigation and adaptation and the rational use of resources. ENGIE employs 153,090 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €66.6 billion in 2016.
A pioneer in nuclear energy in Europe with the development of the first Pressurized Water Reactor built in Belgium, ENGIE develops upstream activities (engineering, purchasing, operation, maintenance) as well as downstream (fuel and radwaste management, dismantling), employing more than 9,000 specialists in these domains. As a nuclear operator, ENGIE owns and operates 7 reactors in Belgium.
Attracting and retaining talent is a top priority in terms of ENGIE’s nuclear strategy. The Group launches therefore its 13 th track of the “Nuclear Trainees Program” to give junior engineers the necessary knowledge and skills to grow as a professional in the nuclear field.
Tractebel, as a global engineering company, actively participates in this program to maintain its excellence in operating nuclear power stations, ensure compliance with safety requirements and carry out decommissioning of facilities.
Are you motivated to board onto our international nuclear trainees program? As junior nuclear engineer, you will:
· Discover the world of energy and the challenges of nuclear activities and business;
· Learn during a one-year training program alongside your professional work;
· Build a solid network of contacts within Tractebel and ENGIE and share experiences.
Tractebel offers positions for experts and project managers in the following areas:
· Overall design of nuclear power plants;
· Safety and risk analyses;
· Mechanical equipments (process and handling);
· Electricity and process control;
· Contract management, planning and information management;
· Radiological protection, radwaste management and facility dismantling.
· You have a master’s degree in engineering, or equivalent;
· You have less than 3 years of professional experience;
· You are attracted by high-level technical expertise and you are eager to learn;
· You like writing technical documents;
· You are a team player, you are dynamic and flexible;
· You are autonomous, you take initiatives and assume responsibilities;
· Previous experience or education in nuclear is an asset;
· You are fluent in English, French and/or Dutch;
· You are ready to travel for short assignments abroad.
What we offer
· An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
· A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
· An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
· A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Please contact for any further information