Dataxis is looking for a Junior Analyst to join the Telecom & Media (TV Broadcast and Distribution, OTT and SVOD, Cinema, Music) team in Berlin.
Contract: VIE (12/24 months)
Start date: September 2018
Location: Berlin (Germany)
The company :
Dataxis is a business intelligence company with a strong expertise in media, television and telecom markets. The company, controlled by its top management and backed by private investors, currently has offices in Berlin, Mauritius and Buenos Aires.
The firm operates within three focus areas:
- Research and market analysis aimed at providing in-depth data, forecasts and insights on media markets to its clients;
- Events planning with 13 conferences organised in 2018, gathering executives over 3 continents;
- Periodical press releases with a daily newsletter dedicated to media and entertainment topics worldwide.
Job Description :
As part of the team, the Junior Analyst will oversee the following missions:
- Maintaining actual research with the monitoring and update of quarterly and forecasted data in selected media markets;
- Supporting additional research on topics such as TV, OTT, SVOD, cinema, music or advertising to deepen the coverage in media and entertainment markets by:
o Conducting research studies;
o Creating Excel models;
o Ensuring frequent talks with key actors of the industry;
- Providing extensive data analysis to the clients;
- Communicating on existing research with:
o Articles on dedicated trends supported by analysis;
o Occasional presentations on topics impacting in the media industry;
- Engaging in the organisation of conferences:
o Supporting the definition of speakers and topics addressed during panels;
o Providing practical help during the conference;
o Initiating working relationships with the attendees.
Candidate’s profile :
- Master’s Degree in Business or Engineering;
- Strong interest in TV, media and new technologies with a background in media and/or entertainment;
- Rigor and motivation for analytical tasks;
- Proactivity in suggesting new research topics and methodologies;
- Experience conducting company and/or market analysis;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Proficiency in MS Office especially Excel and Powerpoint;
- Desire to work in an international team and travel within Europe.