At Saint-Gobain we design, manufacture and distribute materials which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. Join our innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial community to improve the world of tomorrow with us.
With 9 225 employees in 39 countries, The Insulation Activity designs, develops and markets products and solutions for thermal and acoustic building insulation. Itls line of products made from mineral wool (glass wool and stone wool), polystyrene foam, polyurethane and most recently, wood fiber, are mainly aimed at the residential and commercial building markets.
Poste et missions:
We are looking for a Process Development Engineer (m/w) for our “Volunteer for International Experience” program.
Linked to the production manager, your main task will be to improve the quality of the pipe section.
- Development of new solutions and systems to improve the quality of the UItimate pipe section with special focus on the homogeneity of the density distribution within the wall thickness of the pipe section
- Active involvement in experimental design, realization of tests and follow-up planning
- Integration of the results and improvements into the work technical and production team of the factory
Major Areas of Accountabilities and General End Result of Each Area:
- Being part of the Quality and Process Control pillar, and actively participate to World Class Manufacturing activities (WCM).
- Work with R&D teams (in CRIR and LDC) in order to find new ideas to reach the improved quality goals
- Develop and carry out line trials to test and validate the possible solutions
- Background: Master’s Degree in Mechanical engineering, Material sciences or Physics
- Fluent in English and German
- Hard skills: you enjoy experimental work and have an analytical way of thinking; you work self-driven and well-structured
- Soft skills: Dynamism, teamwork, communication
- Excellent information seeking skills
- Ability to communicate / explain concepts (including complex ones) to all levels of employees
- Initiative, creative, dynamic, rigorous attention to detail, tenacity and organizational skills
- Strong interest in Field Work
- Good knowledge of IT tools (MS Office and Adobe Suite)
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Self-motivated and able to make independent decisions
- Able to operate as a team leader and as a member of a team