At Saint-Gobain we design, manufacture and distribute materials which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. Join our innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial community to improve the world of tomorrow with us.
ISOVER is part of the main business of construction products of Saint-Gobain Group. In Germany at the administrative location of Ludwigshafen, at four sales locations and the four plants we employ around 1,000 people from more than 20 nations. ISOVERs is the oldest insulation material brand in Germany and has been Germany's market and innovation leader in the field of energy-efficient insulation materials since 140 years.
Reporting to the plant manager, your main task will be the reduction of losses due to over usage on a production line producing “Ultimate”, a high performance mineral wool for residential, industrial and marine applications.
- Analysis of over usage losses (over density) on the Ultimate Production line by studying the process parameters that lead to variations in density
- Establishing measurements of density variations to quantify losses
- Identification of the products, process steps, equipment etc., that generate variation and creation of a process map with cause and effect
- Development and execution of production line trials to test and validate possible solutions
- Set up of a plan with actions to reduce the variations
- Execution of projects to reduce density variations and to stabilize the process using WCM (World Class Manufacturing) methods like SIPOC /FI etc.
- Cooperation with the teams in our R&D Centres in France and Germany in order to find new ideas to reach the improved quality targets
- Active Membership of the Quality and Process Control pillar in the context of our World Class Manufacturing measures (WCM).
- Participation in the Safety program in the plant
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical engineering, Material sciences or Physics
- Fluent in written and spoken English and at least basic skills in German
- Good knowledge of IT tools (e.g. MS Office and Adobe Suite)
- Basic Knowledge of Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Independent, dynamic, self-driven and well-structured way of working
- Analytical way of thinking paired with creativity
- Passionate and motivated team player, who enjoys experimental and field work
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain concepts (including complex ones) to all levels of employees and adapt communication accordingly
- Proficient in searching the web
- Rigorous attention to detail
- High level of tenacity
- Able to operate as a member of a team as well as to motivate and convine others