Who You'll Work With
Working in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment directly with the end customer, this job represents a unique challenge to the right individual. They will join a motivated delivery team that are experienced in achieving quality outcomes under tight deadlines by aligning themselves with the customers overall goals and expectations. You will be dedicated to a specific customer, in this case T-Systems, and spend a significant proportion (>90%) of time working on the customer's site inDusseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.
What You'll Do
As a Consulting Engineer you will work at the customer's site providing direct support of deployment, implementation, and operation of the BroadWorks platform. Your main responsibility will be to provide day-to-day operational support of the client's BroadWorks lab and production systems by assisting them to operate, patch, upgrade, troubleshoot issues, and project manage tasks associated with their VoIP deployments. While working with the customer you will provide technical hands-on training to the customer team in order to ensure necessary expertise is contained within the customer. On-going life cycle management of the customer's solution will also require you to be involved in on-going solution design. You are willing to work during the customer's maintenance windows that often happen during the night.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Collaborating with various customer operations groups to successfully resolve BroadWorks related operational issues for the customer.
- Ensuring that all BroadWorks related customer questions and concerns are addressed and responded to in a timely fashion.
- Providing guidance to customers, unfamiliar with the BroadSoft product, and go above and beyond to ensure that they have all the necessary information for successful product operation.
- Providing assistance using telephone, e-mail, and our on-line ticketing system.
- Performing monitoring of selected system installations and provide pro-active support to speed deployment.
- Working closely with Broadsoft Sales and Project Management to help build BroadWorks traction within the customer's environment and sales channel.
- Performing installation of BroadSoft products at customer installation and demanded by customer growth and changes to product direction.
- Testing & integration activities in preparation for a product launch.
Who You Are
The minimum/ideal qualifications required:
- 2 years work experience in Technical Support or an equivalent engineering role.
- Experience with Network and Element Systems management tools (e.g., HP OpenView, AdventNet).
- Telecommunications and IP networking background, preferably in troubleshooting and technical support.
- VoIP systems experience with knowledge of some of the following protocols: SIP, MGCP, RTP, TLS, SMTP, SNMP, Security and Encryption techniques.
- Linux or Sun Solaris administration experience with exposure to some of the following: Apache, DNS, Tomcat, MySQL, TimesTen, Java, C++, and PERL.
- Experience with Element Management System Tools.
- Experience installing, configuring and upgrading with BroadWorks systems.
- BS Degree or equivalent telecommunication and networking experience.
Technical Knowledge or Skills
- Familiar with Session Border Controllers, Network Address Translation, Call Detail Record collection, IP gateways, and PSTN interfaces.
- Telecommunications and IP networking background, preferable troubleshooting and technical support.
- Knowledge of VoIP technologies/protocols (SIP, SDP, RTP).
- Experience with SIP based application servers, clients/devices and features (e.g. PBX or Centrex features, UC).
- Ideally, working knowledge of SBCs, IMS architecture, and Mobile network (legacy, MMTEL, VoLTE).
- Strong IP networking experience (routing, IP addressing, DNS, firewalls).
- Strong Unix/Linux knowledge (advanced user or sys admin level).
- You are a good team player with excellent consulting, communications and presentation skills.
- You have excellent written and documentation skills.
- You have exceptional customer service skills and focus on customer satisfaction and quality service.
- You are able to work independently, remotely or onsite, defining and prioritizing tasks, and identifying necessary resources for success.
- You are fluent in English and have experience working with international customers/colleagues.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco