What You'll Do
Where You'll Work
We are open to candidates based anywhere in Germany or Austria. Other European locations can be potentially considered. The job will offer you flexibility to balance between working from home or from a Cisco office.
A Virtual Systems Engineer is responsible for deep technical coverage for both individual Cisco products as well as overall solutions and architectures compromised of multiple products from both Cisco and our partner third party vendors.
Imagine having a meeting using Telepresence with your customer who is somewhere around the world and yet you talk the same language: technology. The next day, working from home, you could help your customers achieve results - making their business more productive, improving vital communication systems.
You will design solutions for their business needs while being assigned to a specific architecture focusing on a particular solution/technology area. We are currently looking for Presales Engineers in one of the following 2 areas: Enterprise Networking (Routing, Switching and Wireless) or Information Security.
Who You'll Work With
As a member of the Virtual Systems Engineering team within the Global Virtual Sales and Customer Success organization, you will be part of one of Cisco's fastest growing sales teams and the talent engine for Cisco Sales. This is a diverse and motivated team that consistently delivers profitable growth.
We are a dynamic and international team that will provide you with a platform for success including: coaching, training and on-the-job learning that will strongly support you in your career advancement.
You will discover an innovative, flexible and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technologies to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. Our teams adapt quickly in response to market changes and we are all highly encouraged to give back to our local communities.
Who You Are
Are you passionate about technology and a clear example of collaboration?
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer, Software Engineer or equivalent
- Fluent in German and English, both spoken and written
- Passionate about the rapidly evolving world of Information Technologies, understand and follow the new technological trends and business models
- Experience and subject matter expertise either with Cisco's portfolio of Enterprise Networking products or Cisco's portfolio of Security products
- Understanding of either Enterprise Networking (Routing, Switching and Wireless) orInformationSecurity market landscape and trends
- Competitive knowledge including solution, technology and product offerings is a plus
- Experience with pre-sales, network design, positioning solutions, proposing, presenting to customers, demos, Proof of Concept (PoC) etc.
- Bachelor's degree in physical sciences, engineering, economics or mathematics. Master's degree in related field is a plus
- Bring energy and technical acumen in order to assist customers
- Innate curiosity and eagerness to learn; Ease in embracing complexity and a natural team player
- Strong problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and figure out an effective course of action
- Understands the value of scripting, software and “everything-as-as-service”
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and strong presentation skills
- CCNP, CCDP, CCIE certifications and/or industry certifications are a plus
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco