What You'll Do
Systems Engineers in Cisco are technical leads that advice and support Sales teams with pre-sales and deep technical knowledge, predominantly work in the Enterprise customer segment. You'll getto work across a vast portfolio of Cisco DC technologies and applications.
In this job you will,
- Have directaccount and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in the assigned territory
- Conduct technical presentations, showcase Cisco products and solutions, set up demonstrations and explain features and benefits to customers.
- As a trusted advisor to the customer, you will design and configure products to meet specific customer needs.
- Gain access to the broad palette of Cisco DC technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. In addition to technical aptitude and competency, you must possess the ability to learn quickly and stay current on networking trends.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services; providing technical and sales support for assigned accounts; conducting technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects; assisting with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Work with a wide variety of technologies and will therefore need strong collaborative and consultative skills and capacities to effectively showcase Cisco products and solutions, demonstrate technical solutions and capabilities, conduct Proof-of-Concept (PoC) tests.
- You will need business acumen to translate technical features and functionalities of a Cisco solution to map to customer's business outcomes and benefits
- Be assigned as a specialist member to one of the System Engineering Virtual Teams, to sharpen your technical skills.
- Participate actively in the Virtual Team events and activities and collaborate with the broader members of Cisco's Systems Engineering team.
Who You'll Work with
You will partner with our DC Sales Specialist in a pre-sales technical role. We play different roles in the areas of account pre-sales management, technology deep dive, partner advocacy and engineering leadership. We place emphasis on individual development and relevancy in the market place, and we are strong advocates of Cisco's own certification programs. We work closely together to help our customers solve their business problems. As a team, we possess diverse engineering expertise and we are constantly on the look out for new skill sets to add to our team capability.
Who You Are
You will bring,
- +2 years of experience in general networking or area of specialization (e.g. DC, Cloud, etc)
- Technical aptitude and competency
- Strong presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence
- Ability to learn quickly and stay current on networking trends
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Start-up mentality to deliver solutions that drive business success
- Excellent teamwork, collaboration, business, and leadership skills with a commitment to customer success and a relentless drive for results.
- Work Experience with a DC Networking reseller is a plus
- Partner resale or Distributor knowledge is highly valued
This is a unique career enhancing opportunity for high potential candidates looking for both a challenge and chance to garner experience and skills at the edge of current network development and technologies
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!#WeAreCiscou, with us! #WeAreCisco