- Location:Eschborn, Hessen, Germany
- Area of InterestCustomer Experience
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestNetworking
- Job Id1227954
What You'll Do
As part of the Classified Network Support team:
- You are a technical expert in at least one (Cisco) technology area with deep understanding of networking or willing to learn and expand your expertise via Cisco.
- You drive customer satisfaction and take ownership for customer success. You identify, document and resolve issues reported by our customers.
- You solve problems of diverse scope and complexity where the problem analysis requires further evaluation of various factors and correlation of data.
- You work directly with a team of highly experienced technical experts in multiple technologies as well as closely with business units and development as well as a global team.
- You are willing to consult on projects and/or project teams (depending on experience) to deliver on customer requests or requirements.
Who You Will Work With
Cisco's government and enterprise customers receive personalized reactive services from a dedicated team of engineers as part of the CNS Service Team (Classified Network Support). Being part of the Advanced Services organization, Cisco CNS Germany provides an enhanced third level support to differentiate our service from standard technical services and support. The CNS team is expanding capabilities and as a new team member based out of Germany you will have the opportunity to work in a fun, challenging, diverse, and dynamic environment. Learning and sharing experiences is expected and part of the team's growth and start up culture, while we continue to build the team and customized services.
Who You Are
In addition to your ability to work as a team member:
- You are able to think and operate independently to include in a highly collaborative environment, especially when working remotely and with remote colleagues.
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, to communicate effectively with customers.
- You are fluent in English and have B1+ German language skills.
- You have a BS in a technical field or equivalent related work experience.
- You are willing to work on a shift basis during regular business hours (possibly on call and up to 3-shift duty roster in future).
- Previous experience in reactive support or troubleshooting complex technical problems is an advantage.
- Relevant existing CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE certification is a plus.
Technical Expertise Required
- Understanding of IP/TCP networking and security concepts.
- Knowledge of common Cisco technologies, solutions and hardware platforms.
- Willingness to learn on the job and expand knowledge of implementing and supporting Cisco technologies and products as required.
- Willingness to pursue CCNP/CCIE level certifications.
Technical Expertise Desired
As we are currently extending our service, you are an experienced engineer who can step into the role or motivated to learn and expand your skill set. Therefore,ANYof the following expertise is highly desired but not mandatory:
Switching & Routing
- Thorough understanding and troubleshooting of low level (packet-layer) networking and switching concepts.
- Working knowledge of Layer 2 / Layer 3 protocols and technologies including: Spanning Tree, DHCP, Multicast, QoS, VLAN and VTP, Etherchannel, VSS, SPAN / RSPAN, trunking, MAC filtering, port security.
- Hands on experience with protocol analysis, troubleshooting and network management utilities including SNMP, ICMP, SSH, Telnet, Traceroute, WireShark, traffic generators, etc.
- SP Routing Protocols, BGP, MPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, Traffic Engineering (TE), and IPv6.
- Enterprise/Campus Routing and Switching, Carrier Ethernet, QoS.
- Hands on experience with Cisco Catalyst series switches (e.g. Catalyst 9500, 9300, 6800, 6500, 4500, 3850/3650).
- Hands on experience with Cisco carrier-grade routers including CRS, ASR9K, NCS and IOS XR architecture and troubleshooting.
- Data center and storage network services/technologies.
- Data center routing and switching technologies (e.g. vPC, FabricPath, STP, first hop redundancy, VXLAN, ACI, MPLS, OTV, OSPF, RIP, BGP, EIGRP, and Multicast).
- Cisco UCS portfolio and Data Center environments including Cisco Nexus series Switches (e.g. Nexus 5000, 7000, 9000), ACI, DCNM, MDS.
- Solid understanding of Cisco security products, including IPS/IDS, ACS/ISE, etc.
- IPSEC/VPN Solutions (RA-VPN, GETVPN, DMVPN).
- ASA, IOS Firewall, AAA.
- Web- and Email Security, and/or AMP.
- Cisco Unified Communication Manager and related applications.
- Voice gateways and related protocols (TDM, SIP, MGCP, H.323, SCCP).
- Collaboration security (TLS, SRTP, PKI).
- Cisco Unity Connection.
- Contact Center Express.
- Management applications (Prime Collaboration).
- Relevant endpoints/clients for voice, video, and telepresence.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco