Who You Will Work With
Cisco's government and enterprise customers receive personalized reactive services from a dedicated team of engineers as part of the CNS Service Team (Classified Network Support). Being part of the Advanced Services organization, Cisco CNS Germany provides third level support to differentiate our service from regular technical services and support. The CNS team is expanding capabilities and as a new team member based out of Germnay you will have the opportunity to work in a fun, challenging, diverse, and dynamic environment. Learning and sharing experiences is expected and part of the team's growth and start up culture, while we continue to build the team and customized services.
What You'll Do
As part of the Classified Network Support team:
- You are a technical expert in at least one (Cisco) technology area with deep understanding of networking or willing to learn and expand your expertise via Cisco.
- You drive customer satisfaction and take ownership for customer success. You identify, document and resolve issues reported by our customers.
- You solve problems of diverse scope and complexity where the problem analysis requires further evaluation of various factors and correlation of data.
- You work directly with a team of highly experienced technical experts in multiple technologies as well as closely with business units and development as well as a global team.
- You are willing to consult on projects and/or project teams (depending on experience) to deliver on customer requests or requirements.
Who You Are
In addition to your ability to work as a team member in a collaborative environment:
- You are able to think and operate independently.
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, to communicate effectively with customers.
- You are fluent in English and have B1+ German language skills.
- You have a BS in a technical field or equivalent related work experience.
- You are fine with working on shifts (on call and up to 3-shift duty roster).
- You have previous experience in reactive support or troubleshooting complex technical problems which is an advantage.
Technical Expertise Required
- Understanding of IP/TCP networking and security concepts.
- Knowledge of common Cisco technologies, solutions and hardware platforms.
- Training towards certification in relevant CCNP, or CCIE.
- You have willingness to learn on the job and expand knowledge of implementing and supporting Cisco technologies and products as required.
Technical Expertise Desired
- Hands on experience with Cisco Catalyst series switches (e.g. Catalyst 9500, 9300, 6800, 6500, 4500, 3850/3650)
- Thorough understanding and troubleshooting of low level (packet-layer) networking and switching concepts
- Working knowledge of Layer 2 / Layer 3 protocols and technologies including: Spanning Tree, DHCP, Multicast, QoS, VLAN and VTP, Etherchannel, VSS, SPAN / RSPAN, trunking, MAC filtering, port security
- Hands on experience with protocol analysis, troubleshooting and network management utilities including SNMP, ICMP, SSH, Telnet, Traceroute, WireShark, traffic generators, etc.
- Experience with Data Center Services and Technologies is a plus. Namely, Cisco Nexus series Switches (e.g. Nexus 5000, 7000, 9000), ACI, DCNM, Cisco UCS portfolio, MDS
- Relevant existing CCNP, or CCIE certification.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco