Hardware Engineer - PhD (Intern) - United States
- Location:San Jose, California, US
- Additional Location(s)Research Triangle Park, NC
- Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
- Job TypeIntern
- Technology InterestInternet of Everything
- Job Id1231659
What You'll Do
Impact the product development from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see your contribution all the way through to large volume manufacturing.
Creative Hardware Engineering positions available in:
• ASIC Design and Verification
• System/Board Design
• Circuit Board Layout
• Hardware Automation, Validation and Test
• Signal Integrity
• Power Design
Who You'll Work With
Open-minded, driven, diverse and very creative people at Cisco design the hardware that makes the internet work. Bring your knowledge of computers and networking and take it to a new level in any one of the following product categories including: cloud, social, mobile/wireless, video, VoIP, large data, collaboration, web, Internet of Things, routing, switching, IPv6, data center, HPC, Telepresence and many more. Your work will impact billions globally.
Who You Are
• Actively enrolled in a PhD program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Science, Material Engineering, Applied Physics, Math, Physics or related major
• Minimum of a 3.5 GPA or higher
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work toward long-term goals
• Demonstrated understanding of engineering fundamentals and technical analytical skills
• Experience in establishing and sustaining positive relationships with the extended team
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
At Cisco, each person brings their own unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything - People, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
#univhardwarejobs #Engineering #ComputerScience @ciscocareers @ciscouniversity
This position is available to PhD level Students. Positions are located East Coast, West Coast and Central US. Not all positions offer sponsorship or are available at all locations. Relocation is available for some locations and or positions.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Get a mail digest of vacancies that match your profile!
Thousand of vacancies are available for you on Wizbii :)