Cloud computing,on-premises vs off-premises
Network intuitive (SDN)
Internship location: Frankfurt am Main, Munich, Berlin, Duesseldorf,Cologne
Duration:flexible according to the university schedule
Why You'll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes.Here, that means you'll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact.You'll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected.You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities.Come prepared to be inspired.
At Cisco, our team is dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining top early university talent to shape our future and we want you!
The purpose of this program is to expose students to Cisco's technology while providing hands-on training and research project experience. Join us and explore how Cisco changes the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns.
What You'll Do:
We are looking for students passionate about technology and interested in researching and experimenting in their topic of choice in order to deepen their knowledge for both the student's and Cisco's benefit.
You will be exposed during your project to Cisco's latest technology while gaining hands-on exposure and experience. Upon completion of the project, opportunities exist to become Cisco's next generation of leaders through an accelerated early in career development path.
Depending on the research project you will work on, your responsibilities may include:
● Working with engineers to diagnose and resolve critical issues.
● Programming script-based development tools.
● Programming in an embedded software environment
● Market and technical research
What you need to be eligible:
● Currently in your last year of studies pursuing a bachelors or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Informatics, Data Science, Information Technology, MIS, Mathematics, Physics, or other equivalent degree
● Strong academic background with excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Passion for technology, creative thinker and problem solver
● Application centric skills
● Strong skills: Communication, influencing, organization, adaptability, flexibility, and highly self-motivated
● Demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills, team work, ability to work in collaborative environment – all with a positive attitude
● Fluent in English and German
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption.Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Are you ready to change the World?
Make your mark on the businesses of the future and apply now at jobs.cisco.com.
Please mention in your application which of the area/areas mentioned above are of interest to you. If selected, during the interview you will find out more about the projects available in that area.