Software Engineer for our Space Division (EGS-CC)
For over 35 years we have worked in the Space industry delivering complex, mission-critical space systems. We work on the major European navigation, communication and earth observation programmes and are specialists in space security and ground control systems. We share innovative uses of space and satellite technology with commercial organisations to help them solve their business problems effectively. Our software has supported the missions of more than 200 satellites. Our high-quality business consulting, systems integration and outsourcing services help clients leverage current investments while adopting new technology and business strategies that achieve top and bottom line results.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Implementation and maintenance of complex, mission critical applications
• Verification and validation of applications
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
You are a proactive, independent problem solver yet also a great team player. You thrive on solving complex tasks in a challenging environment and enjoy supporting your team colleagues. You are always trying to learn and improve your skills and abilities to the benefit of you and the team.
• University degree in IT or similar (Bachelor, Master, PhD or equivalent).
• 2 to 3 years’ experience in Java (preferably Java 8)
• Experience with Maven
• Experience with Git
• Familiarity with OSGi (Karaf, Eclipse Equinox)
• Familiarity with service oriented architecture
• Familiarity with working in a Linux Environment
• Experience in continuous integration tools
• Fluency in English (written / spoken)
• Experience developing scalable, mission-critical applications
• Experience working in the EGS-CC Framework
• Experience working in the space industry
• Experience in SCOS-2000, or other commercial, institutional or open source mission control system platforms, or in ground station monitoring & control systems
• Experience in space industry standards such as ECSS and CCSDS
• Passion for space
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.