Description de l'offre
GNSS Ground Segment Engineer
CGI is one of Europe’s leading suppliers of ground systems for spacecraft monitoring and control and data processing. We are seeking talented junior and experienced engineers to further strengthen our team and help us deliver some of the most exciting and complex ground systems in Europe. Our team is based in Darmstadt, Germany, cooperating with other teams and consultants in locations across multiple European countries.
With our global client base there are many opportunities for travel and for longer assignments both within Germany and overseas.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Our Navigation systems business area in Darmstadt, Germany, is seeking to employ engineers for the design and development of ground segments for Global Navigation Satellite Systems.
The tasks of this role will include:
• Analysis of user needs and requirements,
• Definition and documentation of solution architectures,
• Derivation of requirements and interfaces for sub-systems,
• Definition of approaches for integration, verification and validation,
• Modelling and simulation of GNSS systems and ground segments for performance, integrity, and continuity analysis,
• Execution of trade-offs and feasibility studies,
• Contribution to proposals,
• Collaboration with other specialists, e.g. software architects.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Experience and Knowledge:
The successful candidate should have experience working in either a systems engineering or operational environment and be confident interacting with customer stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
Essential skills include:
• University degree in Aerospace Engineering, Information Systems Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent,
• Excellent problem solving capability,
• Willingness to take ownership of matters and to drive them forward,
• Familiarity with the Systems Engineering lifecycle and standard ways of documenting systems,
• Knowledge of global navigation satellite system design,
• Experience in the design and development of space mission ground systems,
• Knowledge of requirements management and tools, preferably DOORS,
• Experience with model-based systems engineering,
• Passion for space and defining complex systems,
• Aspiration to learn and improve your skills and capabilities,
• Fluency in both written and verbal English.
• EU nationality
Desired skills include:
• Familiarity with modern IT architectures and tool stacks,
• Knowledge of task-relevant ECSS and CCSDS standards,
• Experience with RAMS analysis tasks.
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
You will be working as part of an international, dynamic and successful team on some of the most challenging and exciting space projects in Europe. CGI recognises and rewards talent and success and there are real opportunities for rapid career progression within our organisation. The company’s broad range of business areas ensures you also have excellent long term opportunities. Our flexible working practices make a significant contribution to a good work-life balance.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
· Requirement Management
· Systems Engineering