DevOps Engineer for our Space Division
CGI is one of Europe’s leading suppliers of ground systems for spacecraft monitoring and control and data processing. We are seeking talented junior and experienced engineers to further strengthen our team and help us deliver some of the most exciting and complex ground systems in Europe. Our team is based in Darmstadt, Germany, cooperating with other teams and consultants in locations across multiple European countries.
With our global client base there are many opportunities for travel and for longer assignments both within Germany and overseas.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Within our Space business area in Darmstadt, Germany, CGI are seeking talented and enthusiastic engineers who can lead and support our clients as we seek to transform their infrastructure and development approaches to shorten the cycle of releases and accelerate the provisioning of new services and features to their users by integrating modern DevOps approaches. The tasks of this role will include:
• Analysis of customer needs and requirements for complex space mission ground systems,
• Definition of solutions for continuous integration, delivery, and monitoring,
• Implementation, verification, maintenance, and operations of these solutions,
• Preparation of technical documentation,
• Leading feasibility and trade-off studies,
• Active participation in relevant conferences,
• Acting as a DevOps Evangelist across multiple projects and clients,
• Educating teams on DevOps and supporting the definition of appropriate structures,
• Collaboration with the client, users, and subcontractors.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Experience and Knowledge:
The successful candidate should have experience in the tasks listed above and be confident interacting with stakeholders at all levels.
Essential skills include:
• University degree in Information Systems Engineering or equivalent,
• Excellent problem solving capability,
• Willingness to take ownership of matters and to drive them forward,
• Experiences with DevOps tool stacks, e.g. Docker or Kubernetes,
• Familiarity with cloud architectures and tool stacks,
• Experiences with microservices architectures and tool stacks,
• Experiences in using Linux as Operating System of choice,
• Passion for space and defining complex systems,
• Aspiration to learn and improve skills and capabilities,
• Fluency in both written and verbal English.
• EU nationality
Desired skills include:
• Experience working with space mission ground systems,
• Familiarity with modern data processing architectures and tools (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Elastic Stack),
• Demonstrated experience in implementing hybrid cloud architectures
• Familiarity with cyber security topics and the integration of security aspects into development and operations.
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment,
You will be working as part of an international, dynamic and successful team on some of the most challenging and exciting space projects in Europe. CGI recognises and rewards talent and success and there are real opportunities for rapid career progression within our organisation. The company’s broad range of business areas ensures you also have excellent long term opportunities. Our flexible working practices make a significant contribution to a good work-life balance.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
· Cloud Computing
· Cyber Security Consulting