As a deployment manager (individual contributor role) manage synchronized tasks for deployment of release package into staging, soak and production environments by working with internal and external deployment teams.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Manage synchronized tasks for deployment of release package into staging, soak and production environments
Work with internal and external deployment teams to establish deployment strategy and timelines for the release in conjunction with the deployment efforts
Issue deployment artifacts: Release plan, RFC, MOP, GnG checklist (application level)
Lead reviews of the Release plan and MOP
Secure deployment approvals and GO decision (application level)
Plan and lead the execution of the deployment in staging (aka VLD
Plan and lead the execution of the deployment in SOAK
Plan and lead the execution of production deployment.
Responsible for overall management of deployment issues and action items
Coordinate with Production Support and monitoring teams
Ensure proper handoff to PIS team after the production deployment.
Obtain MOP signoff
Manage release communication
Conduct status calls and lead project teams and other release stakeholders during release lifecycle
Responsible to capture and action on lessons learned
• Strong leadership and consulting skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Should be able to handle pressure situations and set right expectations
• Desirable expertize in playing the role of a Release/Deployment manager and/or systems Integrator
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Ability to coordinate with cross-functional teams and deal with multiple vendors
• Ability to understand the high level functional overview of the projects involved
• Should be good at multi-tasking
• Organize and chair meetings (Kick-off, MOP reviews, KT sessions, Deployment bridges, etc) , send minutes and statuses involving all the groups participating in the Release.
• Prior knowledge in Telecom domain is preferred
• Quick learner and adaptability to change
• Work schedule is during EST hours
• It is an individual contributor role
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Total Experience 4-7 years
Bangalore / Hyderabad
willing to work in shifts
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
· Release Management