Datacenter Support Technician (Field Service Analyst)
Government Secure Solutions – CGI (GSSC), a wholly owned proxy company of CGI Federal, is seeking a Field Service Analyst to provide Datacenter support for a Department of Defense (DoD) client. This member will support Distributed Common Ground System - Army (DCGS-A) Fixed Site (Datacenter) Operations. Your future duties and responsibilities
• Gather ingestion requirements for new data sources and develop new Feed-pipe code to harvest new data.
• Perform quality control measures to ensure data consistency and reliability.
• Performs JAVA/XML programming to ingest XML, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PDF, and other data types based upon direct database connections.
• Modify and improve ingestion process and develop improvements to incorporate into future software releases.
• Perform various data management techniques to verify all data sources are processing data. Identify static and dynamic sources.
• Work with other team members and system engineers to replicate data to various replication sites.
• Perform web development and provide HTML, XSL and XML products as directed.
• Perform any and all other associated tasks as assigned by technical lead on site.
• Performing development and deployment activities associated with Java programming.
• Scripting/programming and integrating programs in an XML environment.
• Experience collecting, analyzing, and formulating development projects based on customer requirements and inputs.
• Experience programming for integration with popular database management engines such as Oracle, SQL SVR, and MySQL.
• Generating, executing, and documenting test procedures for assigned programming projects.
• Operating/working in the DOD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies, with field level experience preferred.• Configuration of Overall Network Routing and Switching, VLANS, Access Control Lists, spanning tree, bridging, HSRP, load-balancing, backup routes, TACACS+, and VoIP (Cisco Call Manager & Unity Servers).
• Daily Network Monitoring, analysis, and security auditing using Cisco Works, HP OpenView, MRTG, What's Up - Gold, Cisco Network Analysis Modules, and Cisco ACS.
• Installation of infrastructure such as Category 5 cabling, Fiber Optics, and Serial RS standard solutions.
• Conducts evaluation, recommendation, and integration of new technologies into the LAN/WAN environment. Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirement (Security+ce, SSCP, etc.)
• Minimum computing environment certification in ONE of the following: Server+, Linux+, RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)(Server) 70-642 or 70-643
• Preferred computing environment certification is Oracle Certified Associate (Java SE 5/SE 6)
• Requires a Bachelor's Degree in (field mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science) or related discipline, and two to four years of related experience or Certification in systems administrator, network certification, etc. six to eight years of experience.
• Java Web Development in an Oracle Database environment
• XML and/or KML script creation Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Server Setup/Config