We are looking for a bright, analytically skilled and fast-learning individual. As a textbook information company, we heavily rely on our technology base, which you will help us maintain and enhance.
In particular, our web platform, a highly customized Wordpress system, is key in delivering subscription-based information products to our customers. Our data-driven products offer serious programming challenges, such as the development of generic extensions of our CMS.
We are looking for a Junior PHP Web Developer with a proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and self-structured way of working. We are on a journey of transforming a complex application into a modern, modularized and service-based architecture, while at the same time enriching it with new features. Joining our web application development team, you will develop new features for our existing web application as well as improve existing modules.
Your Key skills
- Knowledge of PHP, object oriented programming and dependency management with composer
- Knowledge of modern frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony
- Understanding of relational databases and experience in writing performant SQL queries
- Experience with Wordpress or similar CMS desirable
- Academic degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience
- Good command of English required, excellent skills a plus. German desirable.
- A positive working environment in an international, dynamic and motivated team
- Flexibility and trust as part of our corporate culture
- Active involvement and responsibility from the start
- Challenging programming tasks