Post-doctoral position in Biochemistry
Disease Control (m/w)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will actively collaborate to an innovative project aimed to determine the mode of action of antifungal small molecules using systems biology and computational approaches.
You will have the following responsibilities:
· Scout, apply and develop state of the art methodologies of data science and artificial intelligence to -omic datasets.
· Actively interact with the Computational Life Science community within Bayer Crop Science
· Ensure reliable data and algorithm stewardship (apply Standard Operating Procedures).
· Promote scientific and technological excellence within Biochemistry/Computational Life Science community
· Ensure, in your area of responsibility, that the highest standards of safety and compliance to Bayer policies are applied.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer Crop Science seeks a candidate who possesses the following:
· You have a Ph.D. or relevant experience in Systems Biology, Data Science, Bioinformatics, Complex Systems or related fields.
· Proven experience in large -omic dataset and biological networks analysis.
· You are a result-oriented person intrigued by scientific challenges.
· Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
· Very good ability to work in multidisciplinary teams, with excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
· Fluent in English (both written and spoken). French and/or German are a plus.
Location: Lyon (69-France)
Contract: Fixed-term contract
To be filled: February 2020
For further information do not hesitate to have a look at our advert on the HRonline portal and
to apply online.
Are you interested in this new challenge? Then log on the www.carriere.bayer.fr site and apply online.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: La Dargoire
Reference Code: 68490
Functional Area: Sciences numériques, Gestion des données et Statistiques