Instrumentation and Test Systems
Due to the recent events, there is an ever-increasing pressure for faster and better ways to develop vehicle powertrains. With a public focus on real driving emissions / fuel consumption an entire industry is challenged to adapt their development and testing processes. Besides others there are two main areas to adapt to this challenge: Increase the performance / capability of existing Testbeds and getting the most out of the acquired Testbed Data. To increase the capability of a Testbed Simulation is one key element. Simulation enables the transfer of development tasks from the road to an engine testbed: it augments the real unit under test with all the necessary virtual components to recreate real driving. Thereby it is possible to shift workload from the unpredictable road to a controlled and cost efficient environment. Your responsibility will be the creation of a model landscape as well as the practical implementation on a testbed. Smart post processing of the acquired Data is the second aspect of this job offering. Smart post processing saves time and avoids mistakes. Your task will be to develop a variety of applications to cover standard tasks as well as customer specific projects.
· Creation of Simulation Models with AVL Software but also 3rd Party Software like Simulink™
· Implementation of the Simulation Models on Testbeds (mostly Engine and Powertrain Testbeds)
· Developing Applications for smart Post Processing with AVL's CONCERTO™
· Supporting Application development for Testbeds with programming knowledge
· Supporting during the Sales Process with technical expertise
· Taking a leading part during the project execution