Description de l'offre
equensWorldline is one of the leading and most innovative payment service providers in Europe. As experts in financial processing and software licensing we provide services to fulfill all needs of the dynamic European payments market. Besides traditional payment services our platforms are also geared for mobile payments, instant payments, e-payments, e-mandates and e-identity transactions. Each year we process billions of payments, point-of-sale and ATM transactions per year. Obviously, all those transactions must be processed seamlessly, securely and efficiently. And that’s what we do.
Being a central pillar of the Worldline Group, it’s our ambition to support our clients in keeping up with the rapidly shifting needs and increasing demands of their customers. A challenging job, as the European payments market – and therefore also our organization – is subject to continuous change. equensWorldline is a truly European company with office locations in multiple countries and a broad, international client base in numerous countries across Europe. We are part of the wider Atos Group.
Beyond others, equensWorldline provides solutions and services in the card payment area. In context of card payment authorization and switching a dedicated team is responsible for the product development and services based on the Authorization and Switching software suite “Worldline Pay Front Office” (WLP FO), normally combined with other components, e.g. for card management back office or fraud solutions for which other teams inside the company are in charge. Both processing and software licensing offerings are in scope. In context of growing our team, we are looking for a Junior Application Developer (m/f) .
As a Junior Application Developer (m/f) you will work closely together with other people in a team mainly focused on software development, but you will also support people from other teams, e.g. working in client projects or operation services. In this roleyou will work on:
· Creating software solutions for processing electronic payments based on the Authorization and Switching software suite “Worldline Pay Front Office”
· Coordination of requirements with the Service Delivery
· Design, configuration and installation of customer systems
· Implementation of customer-specific adaptations and extensions
· Preparation of project documentation
· Specification, preparation and execution of tests
The position is opened for one of the following equensWorldline sites: Aachen and Frankfurt am Main.
· University degree (master / bachelor) in computer science or engineering
· First work experience in IT services and software development would be an advantage, preferably in the area of electronic payments
· First knowledge and experience in object orientated programming in C++ and Java
· First Knowledge and experience with relational databases, SQL and data model development
· Knowledge or experience with agile methodologies would be an advantage
· Analytical procedure and abstraction
· High motivation and efficiency
· Pro-activity and self-reliance
· Open and inquiring minded
· Team player, ability to work in an international environment and with matrix organization
· Good communication skills, both oral and written
** Language Skills:
- English and Germanare mandatory (fluent required)
Why work at equensWorldline?
Our culture is informal. Within our company, teamwork and clarity are very important, as well as customer-focus and a result-oriented approach. And of course…pleasure in our work! We work closely together with our colleagues in the different countries. English is our common language. As a result you really experience that you are part of a European, international company.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.