Amazon is looking for a Transportation Specialist to help grow and manage it's portfolio of carrier partners. The Transportation Specialist will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and building relations with carriers across various European countries. This is a great opportunity to fill a high visibility role in the fastest growing new market in Amazon expansive portfolio. The desire to work in a creative and fast-paced environment that gives you direct input in setting delivery expectations and defining a service of the future is a must.
You will need a passion for making data-driven decisions – the kind that will have direct impact upon customer experience.
Responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
· Manage carriers' performance, such as on-time delivery, through tracking existing metrics, control over delivery processes, resolving and preventing potential problems
· Continuous Improvement Management with carriers, as well as development of SOPs, ensuring Amazon's requirements, guidelines and policies are communicated and executed by Transportation carriers
· Build strong working relationships with vendors, suppliers, businesses and internal peers. Maintain and improve communication between warehouse personnel and external carrier, stepping in to mediate wherever necessary
· Negotiate with vendors on an ongoing basis to deliver high value to the Amazon network
· Support market research, including the Requests for Information and Requests for Quotation processes, while sourcing new carriers and expanding capacity where possible
· Engage with internal and external business teams and stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve performance and service
· Systematically escalate problems or deviations from plan to the responsible people and teams and make sure that the measures taken are implemented.
· Ensure that critical business requirements are met, sometimes with different timelines, review completed operations and ensure compliance with service requirements.
· Manage and execute entire cross-functional projects from start to finish; including data gathering and manipulation and analysis and communication of insights and recommendations, e.g. sales program