Amazon Web Services’ Technical Operations team (TechOps) is Amazon’s central defense against large-scale incidents as well as driving operational excellence across all of Amazon businesses. Our key offering to Amazon is best-in-class Incident Management. Our engineers are front-and-center in driving down event duration through experience in operational excellence, best current practices and incident management tools. We’re looking for engineers who have owned or participated in operational and incident management for at least one large-scale enterprise.
· Provide critical support, incident response, and management to internal customers across all of Amazon including management of communications and coordination of service owners via conference calls
· Be a technology evangelist and use your deep knowledge to solve business problems
· Reduce mean time to resolution for all incident types
· Update and/or build world class listening systems
· Participate in Agile sprints to evolve business processes and technologies
· Take part in a “follow the sun” rotation split between Seattle, Dublin and Sydney sites, including weekends and holidays