You: Alexa, I'm looking for a job where I can build products straight out of science fiction.
Alexa: I have found matching jobs for you in the Alexa Machine Learning team in Aachen, Germany. What role are you looking for?
You: I'd like to work on making you understand human language even better that you do today.
Alexa: Wonderful. There are multiple roles in Aachen where
you can do that, here are the details …
The Speech and Language Technology team aims to create a delightful experience for Amazon's customers by making Alexa understand any spoken request quickly and accurately. As Software Development Manager you will build and lead a team of software developers, to design and build software components and 'end to end' systems that let Alexa learn from data more quickly. You and your team will collaborate closely with experts in machine learning and human languange technology and contribute to advancing the state of the art in human language understanding systems. (A background in speech and language technology is not required for this role.) We require creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus. Your responsibilities will include
· Direct management of engineers
· Project management for software within the team
· Strategic planning
· Management of resources across teams
The successful candidate
· Leads effectively and prioritizes well.
· Exhibits excellent judgment.
· Hires and develops great people.
· Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo).
· Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the technology.
· Enables and fosters creativity and innovation on her/his team.
· Is results-orientated and has a consistent track record of delivery.
· Thinks big, out-of-the-box and long-term.