You: Alexa, I'm looking for a job where I can build products straight out of science fiction.
Alexa: I have found matching jobs for you in the Alexa Machine Learning team in Aachen, Germany. What role are you looking for?
You: I'd like to work on making you understand human language even better that you do today.
Alexa: Wonderful. There are multiple roles in Aachen where
you can do that, here are the details …
The Speech and Language Technology team aims to create a delightful experience for Amazon's customers by making Alexa understand any spoken request quickly and accurately. As a Software Engineer on our team you will design and build software components and 'end to end' systems that let Alexa learn from data more quickly. You will collaborate closely with experts in machine learning and human languange technology and contribute to advancing the state of the art in human language understanding systems. (A background in speech and language technology is not required for this role.) Your responsibilities will include:
· Design, development and maintenance of key system features.
· Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software in rapid increments.
· Refactoring existing software, establishing architectural principles, selecting design patterns.
· Optimizing processes to run efficiently on large-scale computing resources.
· Working with software engineers and scientist to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.