Description de l'offre
As we continue to open up more managerial opportunities, we're seeking a savvy, motivated Site Controller to join our world-class Fulfilment & Operations network. You'll function as the trusted finance manager, business partner and advisor, helping fellow Amazonians to really understand their financial decisions.
We're working to become the most customer-centric company on Earth: come and teach us a few things about finance, and we'll teach you few things in return.
About this key role:
Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it's knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm helps us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires us to work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Engineering and Procurement partners.
Our Site Controllers work with at the EU level, across multiple sites, including regional partners. They help others understand results and are *the* trusted business advisor for all levels of leadership. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to work with teams that are fast and smart. You will provide the business with big leadership bringing a deep knowledge and a proven record of accomplishment. You know which details make all the difference, and which ones don't add value. You know the difference between investing wisely, and money wasted. Your experience of delivering operational improvements, driving savings to the bottom or improving customer experience, will support you in knowing where to look.
You'll be responsible for:
· Managing others, developing exceptional talents, and encouraging your team to challenge assumptions;
· Managing and participating in cross-functional business activities across several locations;
· Constantly challenging the status quo and proposing alternative solutions to drive the efficiency;
· Implementing policies and programs that guide Operations towards maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability;
· Creating a “learn by doing” environment, by engaging with the on-the-floor associates and managers;
· Partner with your team, by managing all weekly and monthly financial activities, including forecasting, planning and reporting;
· Working with data source providers and technology teams, ensuring that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely.
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or a related discipline;
· Proven expertise in finance management, evaluation, and swift analysis: you always deliver meaningful business support;
· Proven ability as a manager of strategic relationships with business partners: you are able to take and/or influence decisions;
· Demonstrated ability as a manager of a team: in spite of occasional conflicting priorities, you always provide level-headed guidance;
· Demonstrated analytical, financial acumen in delivering forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as data interpretation of business impact and results;
· Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (e.g. using pivots, lookups, and so on);
· Fluency in English and German;
· Ability to travel; 10%+ travel expected, primarily to local Operations, in addition to regional support.