Amazon is seeking an experienced Project Manager to support the continued expansion of our European fulfillment network. Successful candidates will be natural self-starters and quick learners who are comfortable leading small to medium complex projects. This individual will lead a team of contracted support personnel and coordinate the internal and external resources required to launch new warehouses with the goals of achieving timelines, staying within budget, driving standardization and consistency within our network. Ideal candidates will have experience managing medium-size projects with ambitious schedule commitments. The Project Manager must be capable of leading and coordinating schedule of multiple vendors at the same time. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing at all levels of the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Active participant in vendor and Amazon safety policies
· Detailed coordination of multiple material flow and installation schedules of vendors that are all interdependent.
· Responsible for managing overall project budget and approving all purchase orders.
· Contributes to developing comprehensive budgets during project conception
· Plans, directs, supervises and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned program, project, or sub-task
· Comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading
· Is capable of taking accountability while providing status, asking for help, and immediately escalating issues and problems as necessary
· Acts as the Company representative with vendors and suppliers during project execution
· Monitors and reports on the progress of all project activity within the project including significant milestones and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule
· Responsible for overall project schedule that enables the teams to be successful based upon the project milestones and Go-Live dates.
· Experience in a distribution environment and knowledgeable in material handling equipment such as pallet racking, conveyor, and fork trucks.
· Possesses a technical and detail oriented background and has the ability to “roll up their sleeves” and jump in if needed, along with managing