The AWS Redshift team is looking for you – a Performance Engineer with expertise and passion for driving the Redshift software forward to maximize both efficiency and scalability for the most critical customer workload scenarios. If you love performance and want to instrument, measure, analyze and drive further significant improvements into a modern cloud-native distributed database engine – we have just the right role for you!
Joining the Amazon Redshift Performance Engineering team gives you the opportunity to:
· Participate in rapid evolution of Redshift, using an agile performance engineering methodology.
· Apply the latest tools, techniques and research insights to drive improvements into a world-class managed cloud database.
· Work on a disruptive product that's already generating substantial revenue but also growing rapidly.
· Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize continue to further revolutionize database computing in the cloud.
· Build a product that will leverage the scale of unlimited resources available in the cloud.
In this role, you will:
· Apply the principles of continuous performance management to Redshift and Redshift Spectrum.
· Own the performance design, implementation, and execution of agile performance engineering testing, working closely with developers during each sprint.
· Enhance automated performance measurements to support continuous performance management.
· Participate in code and design reviews to maintain exceptional quality and deepen your understanding of the system architecture and implementation.
· Contribute to meeting overall system performance, efficiency, and scalability objectives.
· Work closely and effectively with team members to deliver and operate large scale, distributed data warehousing services in the cloud.