Description de l'offre
Hey – there's a revolution going on! A revolution in digital entertainment. Every day millions of people around the world choose to be more thoughtfully entertained, informed and educated by listening to fascinating stories and all forms of fictional and non-fictional content on their smartphones and other mobile devices.
Audible.de, an Amazon company, is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the internet, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Audible's content offering comprises more than 100,000 audiobooks and audio plays from 800 publishers. Titles downloaded from Audible are compatible with hundreds of mobile devices, including the iPhone and Android smartphones. Audible is also the preeminent provider of spoken-word audio products for Apple's iTunes® Store. Audible has teams in Newark, Berlin, London, Tokyo and Sydney.
Based in Berlin, Audible is looking for a Metadata Coordinator / Copy Editor DE (m/f).
The Metadata Coordinator / Copy Editor focuses on numerous editorial and operational processes needed in order to efficiently publish and update Audible's catalog metadata. He or she works as part of a team that accurately creates, enters, edits, and maintains metadata, audio assets and image art for all products. The Metadata Coordinator / Copy Editor focuses on ensuring the completeness, accuracy, and suitability of all product metadata, which includes utilizing a variety of tools to quickly and thoroughly research various ad-hoc requests.
· Product Metadata Indexing and Copy Editing: The Metadata Coordinator / Copy Editor proofreads, fact-checks, and edits all product metadata prior to publishing a product to the customer-facing application. Key elements such as a product's company identification, on-sale date, territory rights, availability, provider, royalty earner, title, descriptive copy, and taxonomy are top priority areas of review.
· Relationship management: create, check and update product relationships such as Series Affiliation (e.g. linking works in a trilogy), Title Authority (grouping different versions of works together) or Contributor Authority (bibliography).
· Monitor Metadata Process and Manage Workflow: Track titles to make sure they get through production queue on time and in best quality.
· Catalog Updates and Issue Management: Manage and follow up on various forms of catalog updates (e.g. price updates, content removals) and metadata issues reported by internal or external customers.
· Assisting Content Coordinator with provider requests and other queries.
· Relevant academical background (e.g. literary studies, media studies or similar).
· Experience in proofreading, copy-editing, and fact-checking in publishing.
· Excellent command of the German language, fluency in English.
· An avid consumer of (online) media, including books (audio and print), blogs, podcasts, and other digital content.
· Highly organized and detail oriented.
· Able to thrive in a high-energy, entrepreneurial environment.