At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it's knowing the numbers and so much more. Are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires us to work with a dynamic network of Retail, HR, Marketing, Tech and Operations partners. We help others understand finance and are trusted business advisors. We employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision.
The Amazon EU Student Programs Team are looking for Finance Interns to work alongside, and support managers gaining a deep insight into the financial systems, processes and controls used to record Amazon's growing volume of daily, weekly and monthly transactions.
You will learn how Finance supports the various business teams in forecasting and analysing actual financial results, managing the external reporting of Amazon's quarterly financial statements and inputting to the launch of new customer-focused initiatives to ensure customers can find and discover anything and everything they want online.
Job Responsibilities include:
· Collecting, analysing and reviewing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to drive business improvement and cost reductions
· Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data
· Assist with development, and implementation of policies and programs that guide the organisation in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
· Assist in the development of all weekly and monthly financial close, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation and improving the use and ease of interpretation by your business partners
· Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely