Description de l'offre
We are looking for outstanding candidates to join our international team at our Amazon Development Center in Dresden as a Graduate Software Development Engineer.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers and designers who love what they do. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager and team, not to mention the excellent long-term development prospects you would expect from one of the world's leading online businesses.
In 2013 Amazon expanded to Dresden with it being the home-base of the Amazon Development Center team. The Kernel and Operating System team creates the heart of EC2, the actual virtual compute instance definitions and Amazon Linux, the operating system for our cloud. Being part of Amazon means constantly driving innovation and working on complex technical challenges every day.
Check out this video to learn more about the office, the work and the beautiful city of Dresden: https://youtu.be/NyJQL6keFBA
Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer for Linux Kernel maintenance. As part of the Kernel and Operating System team, you will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly our customers.
· You will be responsible for root causing customer issues, patching kernels and deploying Linux Kernel and Hypervisor for AWS.
· You will be brainstorming solutions with the top engineers at Amazon and creating radical new approaches to automate operational issues resolution.
· BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
· Experience with building and tuning custom Linux kernel
· Ability to work in C and Python