Description de l'offre
Amazon is seeking an industry proven and detail oriented Project Engineer for design, build and continuous improvement of our order fulfillment infrastructure. Successful candidates are natural self-starters who have prior engineering experience in the integrated automation project life cycle, including their development, design, implementation, enhancement, and support. This individual ideally has directly managed the execution of large capital automation projects with a cumulative spend of greater than $15MM and aggressive schedule commitments.
Our Project Engineers must be agile with the ability to quickly adapt strategies, plans and solutions in response to dynamic business requirements. They also must be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. Open minds, customer focus, innovation empowerment, advanced technologies, team comradely, individual drive, and occasional senses of humor enable our Regional Operations Engineering team to deliver the most advance fulfillment solutions in the world.
If you have proven integrated automation project engineering experience, thrive on the corresponding challenges, seek an opportunity for professional growth, and want to help Amazon further raise our fulfillment solution bar, then this role is for you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Design, build, improve, and innovate order fulfillment infrastructure throughout the large-scale supply chain network:
• Manage, design, and implement medium scope integrated automation projects with system elements such as high speed sortation, multiple conveyors, package lines, and/or robotic work cells.
• Typical project installation values range from less than $1MM to greater than $15MM.
• Manage on-site vendors through their leads and escalate issues through vendor and Amazon leadership.
• Evaluate issues and propose actionable resolutions to design problems.
• Identify and communicate needs for design improvements.
• Monitor and enforce project schedules and quality with vendors or subcontractors.
• Lead and coordinate design and execution efforts between internal teams and outside vendors including equipment specifications, material flow, process design, and site layout.
• Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing.
• Lead system commissioning and predefined testing activities, including administering the plan, interpreting statuses and reporting results.
• Coordinate with local site management to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance and safety practices are followed for new and existing equipment.
• Thoroughly document/investigate SC change requests and provide recommendations.
• Build strong working relationships with FC/SC leadership and their operations teams across multiple sites as well as their Launch, Facilities, Finance, Safety and Process Engineers business stakeholders.
• Identify and lead process improvement initiatives in support of operations teams within the node.
• Support Kaizen events and occasionally participate when appropriate.
• General knowledge of SC operations with understanding of day to day workings and strategic SC / Network planning.
• Perform and direct data mining and analyze the results to provide recommendations or conclusions.
• Inspect facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures relating to material handling, processing and storage.
• Develop cross-functional knowledge of Start-Up team systems, processes, procedures and tools.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering Operations, Business Administration, or a related field; or two plus (+2) years of Amazon work experience.
• 3+ years of experience as a project engineer, process engineer, project manager, manufacturing engineer or related occupation.
• Directly managed and responsible for cumulative automation project budgets of greater than $15MM.
• Proven technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects
• Demonstrated design and/or implementation with integrated automation solutions, such as complex material handling systems, high speed packaging lines and manufacturing lines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Excel, Project and Outlook.
• Highly proficient CAD skills; capable of developing independently developing an integrated automation layout.
• Ability to travel up to 75% of time to installation sites throughout Europe.