Description de l'offre
Amazon is seeking an Engineering Start-Up Project Manager to support the continued expansion of our European Sort Center network. Successful candidates will be natural self-starters who are comfortable leading large complex Facility projects. This individual will lead a team of support project managers and coordinate the resources required to launch new highly complex fulfillment centers with the goals of achieving timelines, staying within budget, driving standardization and consistency within our network Ideal candidates will have experience managing large capital projects up to 75 million euros with aggressive schedule commitments. The Project Manager must be capable of leading and mentoring their team while also managing project engineers and coordinating multi discipline project managers. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Detailed coordination of multiple material flow and installation schedules of vendors that are all interdependent.
· Responsible for managing overall project budget and approving all purchase orders.
· Contributes to developing comprehensive budgets during project conception
· Active participant in vendor and Amazon safety policies
· Plans, directs, supervises and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned program, project, or sub-task
· Comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading
· Is capable of taking accountability while providing status, asking for help, and immediately escalating issues and problems as necessary
· Leads, mentors, and develops a team of support project managers
· May have direct reports
· Acts as the Company representative with vendors and suppliers during project execution
· Mobilizes company resources through effective liaison with support departments, to create project teams capable of completing effective quality work
· Monitors and reports on the progress of all project activity within the project including significant milestones and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule
· Responsible for overall project schedule that enables the teams to be successful based upon the project milestones and Go-Live
· Experience in a distribution environment and knowledgeable in material handling equipment such as pallet racking, conveyor, and fork trucks.
· Possesses a broad technical background and has the ability to “roll up their sleeves” and jump in if needed, along with managing
Contributes to project planning from concept to completion
· Bachelor's degree required, or 4 years of Amazon experience
· Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
· Experience developing and managing large project budgets
· Work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· 5+ years of experience in complex project management and implementation, or 2 years of experience with a Master's Degree.
· Ability to travel up to 85% within EU.
· Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft office
· Proficient with MS Project