Description de l'offre
We are looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Network Technician to join our growing team within Networking. The position responsibilities involve delivering the hardware, configuration and fiber connectivity of interdependent scaling projects across several data center locations. The Network Technician will work closely with both internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution in association with Technical Program Managers.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience in supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. They will be highly competent in all aspects of installation and troubleshooting of networking hardware, software and fiber connectivity, all combined with a proven project delivery methodology. This position will work with minimum supervision to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to assist in the development of innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
Network Technicians are expected to work with established best practices to refine operational procedures, develop new tooling and constantly think proactively and innovatively. The desire and ability to work in an ambiguous, collaborative environment is essential for success
· AS/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Assurance, may be coupled with certifications to include CCNA, CCNP or JNCIA; or 3-5+ years of mid-level and/or enterprise experience as a technician or engineer in a highly dynamic environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Deliver sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes always with an eye on improvement.
· Work closely with our Network Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth rollout of new designs and products.
· TCP/IP networking knowledge
· Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies
· Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
· Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
· Familiarity with common networking terms.
· Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflow
· Collaborate with various stake holders to remove project obstacles
· Ability to travel within geographical work area is required, up to 20% travel outside traditional work area may be required possibly including international travel.
· Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low to mid-level application interaction
· Troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords.
· Specifying Power and Cooling requirements and ensuring Hardware Racking/Stacking completed for new equipment
· Complete customer requests via Remedy trouble ticketing system
· Participate in the migration, basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware