Description de l'offre
Amazon's Data Centers are industry leading examples of innovation in the areas of space utilization, energy efficiency, and cost effectiveness. We are known for our speed to market and reliability.
We are the global team responsible for the design and operation of critical industry leading Data Center facilities throughout the world. Our Engineers are on the forefront of creating and delivering the most innovative products to our customers; and are known for being a diverse and upbeat team that is changing the face of Cloud Computing. We continue to grow and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning. Amazon's work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate. If you are a creative, smart, and driven individual that enjoys working with complex problems, we want YOU!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Field Engineer with an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering background to become part of a global engineering team, responsible for the design and continuous innovation of our rapidly expanding data center fleet. As engineers at Amazon, we are responsible for achieving a world class uptime for our customers via our resilient designs and cost effective systems. As one of our Field Engineers, you will work directly with our Construction, Operations, and Commissioning teams at the Data Centers within your assigned region to analyze problems with the existing fleet and implement solutions specific to your region, and across the global fleet. You will be the engineering representative for each issue. Other groups will look to you for engineering based solutions. Since we worked hard to develop a large scale fleet of Data Centers and drive continuous advancements and improvements within our designs, we will look to you to provide suggestions for improving the costs/performance/simplicity of our equipment and system designs. This will include reviewing existing designs and contributing your field experience to work with the Design Engineering team to develop new systems and equipment. In addition, as a Field Engineer, you will directly support construction and be a part of the process from site selection review through commissioning and, ultimately, site turnover. Amazon has a global presence, therefore, domestic and international travel will be necessary up to 25% of your time. Team work is absolutely necessary for us to accomplish our goals. You must be able to work within a team and depend on others to accomplish the required tasks. This includes working with internal groups as well as external suppliers and consultants, including utilities, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors.
If you have an understanding of the critical equipment needs for large infrastructure mission critical sites and equipment; especially data centers, and understand the construct-ability of varying designs, you may be a good fit.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services Engineering
· 3+ year of experience in a similar Field Engineering, MEP Design or Commissioning Role in Mission Critical facilities.
· Excellent understanding of critical Data Center equipment
· Experience reading and interpreting Single Line drawings, construction drawings and equipment specifications
· Organized and have the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines and budget
· Possess leadership and problem solving skills
· Ability to carry design concepts through exploration, development, and into deployment/mass production
· Ability to produce analyses that ensure designs satisfy defined requirements, including predicted performance and power quality specifications
· Possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail, maintain high quality standards
· Must have fluent knowledge of continuous operating redundant electrical systems, cooling systems, air flow containment systems and building management systems.
· Ability to develop solutions and execute plans on complex projects.