Description de l'offre
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon is currently looking for a highly motivated, forward-thinking Transportation Carrier Manager to join the Transportation team at our European headquarters in the vibrant city of Luxembourg.
The role represents a critical function with Amazon EU Operations to continuously improve the service levels, capacities, and costs of the EU Transportation Line Haul to ensure promises to the customers are being maintained.
Your team's responsibilities:
- Track existing metrics to detect & remove defects
- Line haul carrier performance management (e.g. on-time truck performance)
- Continuous Improvement Management with carriers, development of SOPs
- Analyze existing trucking versus required capacity, especially to support peak
- Support market research, Request for Information, Request for Quotation process to source new carriers where the existing carrier pool is insufficient/poor performing
- Project support ensuring Amazon requirements are communicated & executed by Line Haul carriers
- Support Contract management and contract compliance for existing and new routes/carrier
- Support truck forecast improvement initiatives and ensure it is shared with carriers and Fulfillment Centers on a regular basis
- Recommend Line Haul carrier allocation to routes/replacements (based on optimum of cost and performance)
- Q4 planning and execution - secure sufficient Q4 Line Haul
- Support the Operations Planning (OP) Process: goal settings
- Prepare and participate recurrent Ops calls, business reviews, QBRs, Customer Service workshops (to support the improvement plans)
- Maintain and improve communication, process and Fulfillment Center/carrier interface
- Develop relationships with Line Haul providers that facilitate communication and visibility across Amazon's line haul network
To be successful in this role, you need a passion for making data driven decisions which will have direct impact on customer experience. Some keys to your success are the ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences. The ability to remain flexible and adapt to learning new tools and systems is instrumental in your role on the team. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting and working with multiple teams (business and technical).
The position is based in the vibrant city of Munich, Germany.
- 3-5 year's working experience ideally gained in Transportation, preferably in a similar role within a logistics provider or retailer
- Experienced people manager
- Excellent Customer Service skills and commercial understanding
- A degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, Mathematics or similar field
- Excellent interpersonal skills / networking skills
- Negotiations/logistics procurement skills/tender management experience
- Performance Management experience
- Supplier Management skills
- Capacity management / forecasting skills
- Contract Management experience
- Planning skills with previous Operations Planning experience
- Fluent in English, excellent written skills, excellent narrative style preferred
- Ability to communicate across all levels of management
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced computer proficiency in Excel