Amadeus is shaping the future of travel, and we want you to help.
As a technology leader we are always innovating to solve some of the challenges facing the travel industry. We let you take the lead when it comes to your progression, with a wide range of new and exciting projects you can be a part of.
We are highly committed to promote a corporate culture that values differences and welcomes people from any background. Equality, diversity and environmental sustainability are key to our culture.
The travel and technology industries are evolving by the minute and the future is more exciting than ever. Join us, and be a part of it .
Do you have experience with Linux - but you are not looking for a Linux administrator job? Do you know how modern networks are working and are you able to investigate connectivity issue? Did you ever automate tasks using shell scripts and/or Python?
Are you interested in configuration management?
If yes, join us!
We need support in a project to automatically discover which Amadeus developed application is running on which server. The servers can be traditional physical servers, VM servers or they can be located in private clouds or even public clouds (Google, Amazon). We are using BMC CMDB and CMDB Discovery to implement this.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Implement and support technical design of solutions to support datacentre automations using state of the art development techniques in alignment with solutions in other areas of the department. Take end to end responsibility for one or several products in that area. This includes analysis of user requirements as well as implementation of a high quality features that provide value to our customers. Additionally provide support for end users for the product including maintenance. Pro-actively suggest changes to the product to increase reliability, performance and customer satisfaction.
· Analyse and validate end user requirements for the purpose of developing
and/or customizing solutions for the product(s) supported.
· Design sustainable solutions
· Implement new or changed software using state-of-the-art methodologies,
ensuring Amadeus quality standards are met.
· Keep abreast of the latest technologies available on the market and evaluate
the potential for including these technologies in the products supported.
· Perform the role of, or work with Project and Product Mangers to ensure major
milestones are met and new releases are implemented in time.
· Ensure solutions are accurately documented and when required provide training
to users of the tools/solutions created.
· When incidents or problems occur, help the operational teams to diagnose and
recover from the service disruptions.
Qualifications & Relevant Job Experience:
1. Qualification (School, university, equivalent, etc.)
· University degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent professional experience
2. Know How / Skills
· Good ability to perform requirements analysis and technical design
· Ability to work with the latest Software Engineering methodologies: UML, Extreme/Agile Programming, BPM, BEPL, ITSM, ITIL, etc.
· End-user knowledge of the operating systems Linux and Windows.
· Ability to program and troubleshoot in more than one scripting language (Python, etc.)
· Good programming / automation skills using shell scripting.
· Good understanding of many standard markup languages and web service
protocols such as XML, XSL, HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, JMS
· Good understanding of computer and network technologies. Ability to investigate for example connection issues.
· Good understanding of databases (relational and no-SQL).
· Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle - requirements
analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and support
· Good interpersonal skills
· Proficiency in English essential, both written and spoken
· Good presentation skills with the ability to convey complex ideas to peers and
3. Relevant Job Experience
· Over 3 years of experience working in the Software Engineering discipline.
Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Amadeus, we welcome a diverse and inclusive environment based on equality of opportunity, fairness, respect, and dignity for all our employees. We firmly believe that differences based on gender, race, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and disabilities are strong assets in today’s complex, global, and interconnected world.