Amadeus is shaping the future of travel, and we want you to help.
As a technology leader we are always innovating to solve some of the challenges facing the travel industry. We let you take the lead when it comes to your progression, with a wide range of new and exciting projects you can be a part of.
We are highly committed to promote a corporate culture that values differences and welcomes people from any background. We reject categorically and wholeheartedly any discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, ethnic group, sexual orientation, age, disability or belief. Equality, diversity and environmental sustainability are key to our culture.
The travel and technology industries are evolving by the minute and the future is more exciting than ever. Join us, and be a part of it.
Summary Overview of Responsibilities:
The main responsibility of a Service Reliability engineer is to participate in the successful delivery of the end to end services with agreed SLAs to our customers by leveraging, improving, designing and implementing services that automate application provisioning and manage the underlying infrastructure as a service (all layers, from compute to storage, including network).
The goal of a Service Reliability engineer will be to accelerate Application teams’ ability to reliably and consistently deliver applications by developing standardized automation to control, build, artifact and deploy managed services, integrated into loosely coupled toolchains, to form a common continuous deployment pipeline for application development teams as a whole.
Other responsibilities include ongoing issues such as capacity planning, change management, problem management, incident management, release management, performance improvement, and automation/tool development.
The Service Reliability engineer is expected to excel under pressure, work well with others, be self-motivated, and be able to manage short and long term projects. Implementing automation for kickstarting, monitoring, management, and support will be a key component of the position.
The Service Reliability engineer will actively interface with software developers, network engineers, systems, storage, project management and database administrators on projects and providing second tier on call support will be required. You will be able to identify root cause, troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and effectively, sometimes under pressure.
Good communication and teamwork is extremely important.
The role also involves participating in the 24x7 pager rotation of the team.
· Support an ultra-highly available cloud-based applicative platform for Amadeus customers.
· Support application deployments, building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones.
· Develop automation to quickly and rapidly deploy instances from blue-printed applications or golden images.
· Develop and use monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to development and ensure that we exceed our SLAs.
· Build and manage development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using tools.
· Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure.
· Leverage scripting to build required automation and tools on an adhoc basis.
· Operate the platform within our security and privacy guidelines.
· Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
· Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
· Experience with systems and IT operations.
· Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
· A strong focus on business outcomes.
· Strong sense of collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
· Provide hands-on engineering, administration and technical support.
· Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application, and network.
· Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
· Proactive thought leadership for creative and efficient technology solutions.
· Drive continuous improvement to the service delivered to customer (agility, stability ...)
· Process reengineering and optimization
· Drive the enforcement and definition of operational requirements / non-functional requirements in collaboration with application owners and middleware organizations.
Relevant Job Experience:
1. Qualification (School, university, equivalent, etc.)
University degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
2. Know How / Skills
· Excellent understanding of Software Engineering methodologies and development cycle (Open Source development), including:
· Version Control system (GIT and SubVersion) and Continuous Integration and testing methods (Jenkins)
· Strong knowledge on Service Oriented Architecture design patterns
· Good knowledge in Networking is needed, including:
· Communication Protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, HTTP/S)
· Load balancing techniques, traffic routing, and caching for distributed applications, scalability
· Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving system level issues on large, busy networks
· Proficiency in deployment and infrastructure configuration management tools (such as Maven, Capistrano, Puppet, NPM, etc)
· Excellent knowledge in Linux operating system administration (RHEL or SLES)
· Good understanding of Linux Containers deployment technologies (Docker or LXC)
· Good knowledge of C, C++, or Java, and Shell, Perl, GO or Python
· Understanding of monitoring tools and concepts (Kibana, ElasticSearch)
· Exposure to cloud systems and related ecosystem (CouldStack, OpenStack, AWS API, etc...)
· Virtualization Technology (such as EC2, Xen, KVM, OpenStack)
· Very good knowledge in relational DB (Oracle, MySQl, MariaDB) and noSQL technology (Cassandra, S3, HBase, Hadoop, MongoDB, CouchBase)
· Good understanding of security information and event management technologies
3. Relevant Job Experience
Minimum 3-5 years in systems administration/Software Engineering/DevOps, networking in a large environment.
Minimum 3 years experience of application build and release engineering in SOA architectures.
Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Amadeus, we welcome a diverse and inclusive environment based on equality of opportunity, fairness, respect, and dignity for all our employees. We firmly believe that differences based on gender, race, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and disabilities are strong assets in today’s complex, global, and interconnected world.