Amadeus is shaping the future of travel, and we want you to help.
As a technology leader we are always innovating to solve some of the challenges facing the travel industry. We let you take the lead when it comes to your progression, with a wide range of new and exciting projects you can be a part of.
We are highly committed to promote a corporate culture that values differences and welcomes people from any background. We reject categorically and wholeheartedly any discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, ethnic group, sexual orientation, age, disability or belief. Equality, diversity and environmental sustainability are key to our culture.
The travel and technology industries are evolving by the minute and the future is more exciting than ever. Join us, and be a part of it.
Summary Overview of Responsibilities:
In TPE-CPM-DMM, we are playing a key role thinking up and delivering the future of Amadeus core IT solutions, for all Amadeus engineering groups.
We are currently delivering on some of the most innovative and critical topics, be it the Amadeus Cloud Service (ACS), Investigation Tools, or the big data platform for Travel 360 (Lambda-Box).
A major area for us is to propose the new generation of Logging & Monitoring solutions.
This is a critical area for Amadeus: the increasing demand of our customer to tend toward “0 impact” forces us to become even more effective on how we anticipate and address our systems failures.
Regarding the environment, you will be part of a transversal department of Analyst which covers all TPE-CPM-DMM area (BI platform, Storage & Queuing solutions, Logging & Monitoring).
You will have to work in close collaboration with various actors and teams, in an agile and multi-cultural environment.
Development teams being located in NCE, ERD & BLR, sporadic business trips may be required.
We are looking for passionate people, eager to join our teams to deliver on exciting and challenging topic.
Globally, the purpose of a Quality Engineer in TPE-CPM-DMM is to be a key actor in the following areas:
· Work with our business analysts and software engineers to review the design of the solutions, contribute to the planning definition, improve and consolidate our existing automation frameworks, extend our test coverage
· Develop, execute and maintain test scenarios, with the aim of keeping the software at expected quality level, including regression tests
· Responsible to provide validation and sign off for fixes
· Implement and support Short Life Cycle process and be a key player in the Quality methodologies in the division
· Share knowledge and experience with other team member
· Implement test strategy
· Define test cases from customer’s requirements and ensure traceability with specifications.
· Write test plan (functional and/or non-functional and/or non-regression).
· Ensure improvement of non-regression test repository in the Change Request plan.
· Design and perform tests
· Design test cases and develop automated test case scripts.
· Prepare test environment, test data, and execute test cases.
· Give go/no-go for the customer’s test campaign.
· Be responsible for the project, product or release quality control.
· Fix Problem Tracking Records
· Provide information to developers in order to fix defects
· Check PTR fix and give go/no-go for the load of Production PTRs
· Document software defects.
· Share your knowledge
· Participate in specification reviews to give input on testing requirements.
· Report and communicate on test activities to the line organization, software developers and product definitions analysts.
Relevant Job Experience:
1. Qualification (School, university, equivalent, etc.):
· University degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
2. Know How / Skills:
· Accountability: Takes responsibility for achieving results that have a clear positive impact on business performance, owning resolution of obstacles
· Change Management: Discusses needed change with a view to the future, creates commitment and enthusiasm towards the goal and actively anticipates / manages resistance
· Customer Focus: Can apply to external or internal customers. Focuses on the best interest of the customer and Amadeus to create profitable, long term business partnerships. Bases operational decisions on customer and business needs.
· Flexibility: Monitors performance and adapts plans / approach according to others’ needs, changes of context or altered circumstances
· Multicultural approach: Works effectively with people from different backgrounds / cultures to accomplish business objectives, valuing and gaining benefit from the diversity of ideas / perspectives in a multi-cultural environment
· Proactivity: Initiates and leads new approaches without needing to be told to do so and proactively addresses risks
· Product Development Life Cycle: The understanding of the process related to a software development process, such as requirement, specification & architecture design, programming, testing, documenting, deployment and maintenance.
· Quality Assurance: Ability to verify that features and functionality meet business objectives, and that code is relatively bug free prior to releasing new software products and versions. Ability to follow the QA principles: 'Fit for purpose' (the product should be suitable for the intended purpose) and 'Right first time' (mistakes should be eliminated).
· Standard Project Mgt Methodology: Ability to handle the different phases of a project, following Amadeus methodology and using standard project management tools:
· Project organization
· Project Initiation
· Planning, estimating and scheduling
· Monitoring and controlling
· Risk management
· Project closing
· Testing: Capacity to apply the concurrent lifecycle process of engineering, using and maintaining testware (test cases, test scripts, test reports, test plans, etc) to measure and improve the quality of the software being tested. Testing embraces the planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed standards (such as ISO), to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified.
· Analytical Thinking: Ability to use a methodical step-by-step approach to break down complex problems or processes into their constituents parts, identify causes and effects patterns and analyse problems to arrive to an appropriate solution
· Communication Basics: Ability to:
· Express ideas and opinions clearly, define messages and reach a common understanding of issues, addressing the audience effectively
· Produce oral and written communications which are clear, fluent and concise
· Hold the attention of others, both in a group and in one to one situations
· Listen patiently and carefully to input and feedback
· Deliver basic presentations
· Networking: Ability to build a network of contacts and to capitalize on it to accomplish business objectives.
· Team Work: Ability to cooperate in one or several group(s) of work and bring efficient contribution
3. Relevant Job Experience:
· More than 2 years of experience in Software validation
· Amadeus internal knowledge would be an asset.
· Experience leading to usage of scripting programming languages
Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Amadeus, we welcome a diverse and inclusive environment based on equality of opportunity, fairness, respect, and dignity for all our employees. We firmly believe that differences based on gender, race, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and disabilities are strong assets in today’s complex, global, and interconnected world.